See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Apart from the friendly staff there is nothing good about Cuatro Reyes Hotel. Everything looks dated and kind of dirty, the mini fridge in all the rooms are always empty according to two different people from staff and it is impossible to get a bottle of water after 10:30 pm. If you need one you have to leave the hotel to buy it as I have been told by the person working at the reception at 11:40 pm. The pillows were very old and torn, the curtains apparently haven't seen water in a while, the shelves in the closet were broken and supported by nails and screws. There is no air conditioning, the hair dryer is very old, there were soap stains on the sink from the previous guest... I could go on and on, but I thought it would be better to upload some pictures to illustrate. It's been my first and last time at this so called 4-star-hotel.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

This is my fourth visit to Bs As. I have stayed at a few hotels and the always seem better in the ads than what they turn out to be in real life, but this the one hotel I will never stay at again.

Staff is extra nice and the hotel is clean.Despite its four star claim, they are poorly located, no A/C, tiny rooms, on and off wi fi, bad mattress, dinosaur hairdryer, noisy, the list is long. You can't even get a glass of water after 11:00 pm. We were told by the clerk to go get some across the street at a maxikiosko.

The cherry on our Sundae, was to find out the check out is at 10:30 am.

Next time, we'll be back at Moreno or at the NH Tango where a bit more cash goes a long way.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights in the summer as a couple. Looking at the other reviews it seems like the room quality might differ some depending on where you end up. We had a clean room with a good shower (no plug for the bath tub though), fridge and AC. The breakfast was great considering the price and the staff at the reception both spoke English and was very helpful. The only downsides would be that the room wasn't as soundproof as one could wish and that the area around the hotel doesn't feel too safe at night, wouldn't want to walk around alone.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HOTELCUATROREYES, Director de Recepción at Hotel Cuatro Reyes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Good day, first of all thank you for your praising of the hotel staff, as well as the room and the breakfast. About the plug for the bath tub the staff at the reception could have easily given you one. In terms of sound, we would appreciate to know in which room you stayed to check it out. Regards

Reviewed 28 January 2016

This hotel isn't a bad option for people on a budget, but it's certainly not a 4 star hotel. I stayed in the hotel for four days/four nights in January. Here is my opinion:

PROs:

- Good price. One of the cheapest hotels I found in Buenos Aires (Note: Hotels. Hostels with shared rooms are cheaper of course)

- The bed is super comfortable. Really big plus.

- Clean. Didn't find a stain or anything dirty anywhere.

- Staff. The employees are really friendly

CONs:

- Wifi. That was really by far the biggest downside. Of the four days I stayed in the hotel, the Wifi in my room only worked on one (and I still had to reconnect sometimes). Even in the lobby the Wifi only worked on two days. So two full days there was zero Wifi and you had to go to a cafe or elsewhere. I complained several times since they're advertising their free wifi, but I was always told that they're trying to fix it right now, but they didn't actually fix it till the last day of my stay. Later I read on the internet that the Wifi in this hotel is a common problem. So if you're someone who wants Wifi in a hotel, maybe better stay away. It's absolutely possible you won't have Wifi, not even in the lobby.

- Location. I wouldn't say it was a HUGE downside, it's still 5-10 min walk from the Metro, but it's not the best location if you wanna go to nice bars and enjoy the nightlife, since most good bars (and even restaurants and clubs) are in Palermo, which is quite far. It takes over half an hour to go to Palermo by Metro, or you need to take a cab.

- The water in the shower. It had a good water pressure, but the temperature changed sometimes. Sometimes you get really nice warm water, and then suddenly it changes to boiling water, which can obviously be a bit painful.

.... All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't want to spend too much on a hotel room. The comfortable bed is really a huge plus, and I loved that everything was so clean. Don't expect a 4 star hotel though, it just isn't. Furniture isn't very new or modern and the room is really small. The wifi situation bothered me a LOT unfortunately, since I couldn't look up any trips and sightseeing places or whatsapp my friends who were also in town (instead I went to a cafe a few blocks down).

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Good day, we are sorry to hear about the problems with the wifi. In that area the hotel has been working in order to improve the service, and still is. On the other hand, we are glad to hear that aside from that you enjoyed your stay with us, but know that we understand the frustration of not getting the internet to work properly.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

After reading the reviews it seemed like a good choice in a good location, but to be honest the location is not great. There are a lot of vagrants around and a burned out building very near. It definitely is not very safe, especially if you are traveling alone. There are not many places nearby to eat and the shower door broke while I was showering. The rooms are basic, carpet is old and brown and you can get nicer places in San Telmo for the same price. I am checking out tomorrow to move to a hotel in a safer area.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello, we are sorry to hear that you don't think the area is safe. We are in an Avenue which means that there is always a lot of people in the street. Regarding the rooms, only a few have carpet, the others have porcelain floor, the staff at the reception would have been happy to change you to another room if the one you were didn't match your standards.