See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2016

Good location for a reasonable price. The room was clean. The air conditioner was working, "a must" in Buenos Aires in summer. Lot of Restaurants and Theaters in the neighborhood. You have to take care of your belongings when walking down the Corrientes Street. Lot of homeless sleeping in the street at night.
The breakfast was poor.
Not sure of coming back.

Room Tip: Not take a room to the front. Noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Our room was very noisy due to the traffic on Ave. Corrientes all night long. Also the air conditioner was not working in the room so it was also very hot. It was very difficult to sleep. We checked out after 1 night. The room was very clean, good staff, and the location was good for sightseeing- just not good for sleeping

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were heading north from Ushuaia and needed to spend the night in Buenos Aires after a visit to the university. The Corrientes/Callao area had been recommended but we had not had time to make a reservation. We struck out from the Universidad de Buenos Aires by taxi (USD20) on an hour's run into the city center through heavy 7 o'clock Friday night traffic to Corrientes looking for a place. The driver recommended the Atlas Tower Hotel as we passed by. Nice glassed-in lobby, helpful staff attentive to our tiresome questions. We ended up taking a double and a single between three (USD125 for both) as they don't have triples. New, well lit rooms, good beds and mattresses, WiFi; bathroom and shower smallish but clean, good strong shower. Just what you need after a hard day's traveling. Not noisy at all where we were on the sixth floor. Some street clamor in the very early morning from party-ers going home. Breakfast was modest, croissants, medialunas, toast, sliced cheddar, a couple of jams, coffee and juice, but surprise surprise, fresh, pink, grapefruit juice which was wonderful. Staff were great - I needed to print some urgent documents for customs, which they kindly did for us from a flash drive despite the early hour. Check out was quick and easy even though we were rushed. Reception also called a good taxi to pick us up at the door. In all, a great place with helpful staff that the weary traveler will appreciate.

Room Tip: Away from the noisy street, Avenida Corrientes. Sixth floor, 606 or 608 was great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I came to Buenos Aires from Montevideo, on a 4 day tour. I was hoping to see as much as possible of this fabulous city in such a short time. On my first day, the bus tour forgot about my reservation and I was left at the hotel without any plans. I decided to tackle the city by foot. This hotel has a fabulous location on Corrientes, one of the main avenues of the city. It was winter so the days are short and I can't believe how much I saw by foot before it got dark. I visited more than half of the places I would have seen by bus: el Obelisco, Plaza de Mayo, Teatro Colon, la Casa de Gobierno. I passed restaurants, coffee places, small eateries, street vendors, theatres, shops... I learned so much about the city in those few hours. On my last day I decided to head North by foot. I went to plaza Once and all the outlets, to end up at one of the biggest shopping centers I've seen in my life: Abastos. The location of this hotel allowed me to see so much. This place was simple and yet had everything I needed. It was clean and cozy. I strongly recommend the Atlas Tower Hotel and enjoy this incredible city by foot!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was put up in this hotel by my hosts during a business trip. For the most part, the hotel is fine; the rooms are small but clean and comfortable, the shower works well, etc. It is on a very noisy street, so if your room faces the street, you may want to keep the window closed. But my room had such a strong smell of moth balls and perfume that I had to keep the window open the whole time.

The service is helpful as long as you only buy their own services. For example, I wanted to take a Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle to the airport, because that is what I had taken on the way to. I asked the hotel front desk attendant if he could call and arrange for a pickup. He said he could only call me a more expensive private car. I insisted that I preferred to take the shuttle, and he told me flat out that if I don't use their own car service, then I will have to call and make arrangements myself. Not very helpful.

Room Tip: Try not to get one facing the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business