See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I came to Buenos Aires from Montevideo, on a 4 day tour. I was hoping to see as much as possible of this fabulous city in such a short time. On my first day, the bus tour forgot about my reservation and I was left at the hotel without any plans. I decided to tackle the city by foot. This hotel has a fabulous location on Corrientes, one of the main avenues of the city. It was winter so the days are short and I can't believe how much I saw by foot before it got dark. I visited more than half of the places I would have seen by bus: el Obelisco, Plaza de Mayo, Teatro Colon, la Casa de Gobierno. I passed restaurants, coffee places, small eateries, street vendors, theatres, shops... I learned so much about the city in those few hours. On my last day I decided to head North by foot. I went to plaza Once and all the outlets, to end up at one of the biggest shopping centers I've seen in my life: Abastos. The location of this hotel allowed me to see so much. This place was simple and yet had everything I needed. It was clean and cozy. I strongly recommend the Atlas Tower Hotel and enjoy this incredible city by foot!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was put up in this hotel by my hosts during a business trip. For the most part, the hotel is fine; the rooms are small but clean and comfortable, the shower works well, etc. It is on a very noisy street, so if your room faces the street, you may want to keep the window closed. But my room had such a strong smell of moth balls and perfume that I had to keep the window open the whole time.

The service is helpful as long as you only buy their own services. For example, I wanted to take a Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle to the airport, because that is what I had taken on the way to. I asked the hotel front desk attendant if he could call and arrange for a pickup. He said he could only call me a more expensive private car. I insisted that I preferred to take the shuttle, and he told me flat out that if I don't use their own car service, then I will have to call and make arrangements myself. Not very helpful.

Room Tip: Try not to get one facing the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2011

The hotel is very central with a metro station very conveniently situated outside. English is a problem, but the staff were always helpful and tried to help. They also made good recommendations regarding tango shows, day trips etc. The room was small but clean. The shower was also small, but with good power. Breakfast very basic, but sufficient (given the good nighly rate). One computer in hotel for guests, but internet is free. Only two negative points: it was very noisy and the air conditioner was not sufficient for the very hot month of December we were there. All over decent value for money if you're only looking for a clean place to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TripperTrotter
Reviewed 24 October 2010

After having read reviews on Tripadvisor, I was slightly wary of booking this hotel. However, I found it to provide a pleasant stay. On entering the hotel, there is a slight musty smell in the foyer and the corridors. However, this did not extend to the rooms. Our room overlooked Avenida Corrientes. Again, I was dreading this as I had read it was a very busy street. It was, but it did not affect our sleep. The hotel is about five blocks from Obelisco. You can see it from the front of the hotel. There is also a Subte just to the left of the hotel; this is an excellent way to travel around. The front desk staff explained how the system worked, which was helpful.

The staff here were helpful and pleasant. They did not speak much english, but they always managed to find someone who could, which was good, as we have limited Spanish. The W.C. was recently fitted and modern with a good shower and toiletries provided. TV in the room also. No tea/ coffee facilities though. The minibar was well stocked and probably one of the most reasonably priced I have seen.

The breakfast was not excellent. One type of cheese and one type of ham, bread and a toaster. Cereal and yoghurt, tea/ coffee and fruit juice, pastries and cakes; but that was about it. It's not really a complaint, but it could do with a quick review and update. Do not expect hot food.

We asked for a taxi to the airport on the way back, but the person that turned up was possibly a friend of the staff as it was a plain car! To be honest, this didn't bother me at all. We just had a bit of a laugh at it. Some people are desperately poor or on terrible salaries, so this type of thing I can understand. The price was cheaper than a street taxi.

All in all, I was captivated by the city itself and the older fashioned feel of this hotel simply added to the overall atmosphere. I would stay again and would recommend it to friends and fellow travellers.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElCartoharvetta
Reviewed 26 June 2006

I had come several times to Buenos Aires but I've never stayed in that neighborhood. Atlas Tower Hotel was chosen solely based on its location, Avenida Corrientes near Callao.
This time I didn't want to stay at downtown, nor around the Obelisco, nor Puerto Madero, nor desert places by night. As I was coming alone the proximity with bookstores, places to eat, subway station, was a plus.

The hotel was quite a surprise! Although small, it was new and clean. Everything was really new! My room was tide, but everything was ok. The bed was very comfortable, the tv w/ many cable channels, there was a safe, the bathroom was clean and ok, etc. Only sometimes the noise was a bit too much because of the avenue. And I missed a litter basket.

The breakfast was ok, although I missed some fruits (there was only fruit juice). There was a free internet, but only one computer, so you had to be lucky sometimes.

It was a very great stay.

• Stayed: May 2006