See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I only stayed one night but I thought the location of the Hotel was perfect for walking to all the tourist attractions of Buenos Aires.. you are literally right next to the Obilisque just off of ave 9 Julio. The Hotel itself was average.. it was clean and comfortable but like other reviews have stated.. the bathrooms could use an update. I didn't like the fact that they charged for internet but they do have a small business center with a free computer.. but there is only one computer so you could not stay on for a long period of time.. The check in time is a bit late at 3pm but if there is a room available they will check you in earlier.. but i don't think that happens often.. plus they try to offer you a room for a $25 upgrade price which i declined.

Room Tip: get a room that does not face the front of the hotel otherwise it can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Location is great, you are one block away "obelisco", near a couple of "subte" stations. Rooms look great, but after a couple of night you see Air conditioner doesn't work, and the shower has leak. In general it is ok; the only thing that is terrible is the service.The people at the front desk are rude; you have to beg for their help if you want some advice on how to get somewhere. Definitely they need to evaluate their staff; it is not nice for an average tourist on vacations asking for some support on how to get around the city.Be careful!!! They said the tango show was included, at this was not true, you have to go there and pay at least 100-200 pesos , otherwise there is no tango show. I ‘m not complaining on having to pay, it is what it is, but what is wrong is that they don’t say it like that when you book your room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2011

The room looked very very nice. Elegant, facing the square, right at the Obelisco. However, the service was really bad! Hardly anyone spoke English. It was a pain to ask a simple thing! If you request for anything, they would ask you to come down to the reception. The internet speed was also pathetic. Worse than a dialup speed!

The breakfast was also a huge disappointment, had hardly any options. The only good thing was they allowed me to checkin early since the room was available.. But thats just about it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank me_nishantgupta
Reviewed 7 April 2011

This hotelchain scams you!. You book a room at the Park central uniqe hotel, an as you get to the hotel they tell you that they are fully booked and that you have to be transferred to another "better" hotel in their chain. The hotel you are transferred to are alot lower in standard, and not at all what we payed for. Dont ever book a room at this hotel!.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank marteblueoslo
Reviewed 27 September 2010

During the week of September 18 to September 25, 2010, I booked 5 nights at the 4-star Park Central Unique Hotel in Buenos Aires. The hotel belongs to Park Plaza Hotels but it looks like an Argentine outfit that purposefully uses a name of a respected American hotel chain to fool potential customers. My stay was divided into 3 segments - 2 nights, 2 nights and 1 night (in between I traveled outside Buenos Aires for 2 separate nights). I received confirmations for all the bookings. However, I was able to stay in booked hotel only one time – for the 2 nights in the middle of the week. For the first part of my stay I was sent to another Unique Hotel - in Recoleta part of Buenos Aires. I considered this particular accommodation when I was making the booking, specifically because the nights were cheaper there but eventually opted for more expensive but centrally located property. For the last night I was sent to Hotel Presidente that does not belong to the Park Plaza hotels. When after spending the first two nights in a hotel that I did not book, I asked the receptionists if my other bookings were confirmed I was told I quote: “at the moment yes, but there is no guarantee, it depends on our reservation department”.

The process employed by the hotel chain seems to work as follows. The hotel rooms are offered at discounted rates on the booking engines ensuring plenty of bookings coming from that source. I verified that the same rooms offered through the Park Plaza Hotels portal are much more expensive. The reservations are accepted even though the hotel is completely booked. Then, if the central hotel is full (my experience shows it most likely happens on the weekend) many customers are transferred to other, less desirable properties or moved to the last minute rooms of other hotels. This way the Park Plaza Unique hotels make sure they get top dollar for their accommodations and most likely skim additional money by collecting the full reservation amount but paying the other hotels the last minute rates for empty rooms. It obviously also provides a way of circumventing the transparency offered by the booking engines.

In any case, this procedure is not only dishonest but illegal and fraudulent. Booking of hotel room generates a contract that obliges the customer to pay agreed price (unless cancelled within prescribed period of time) and hotel chain to provide hotel room with specific features in a specific hotel. Supplying something else constitutes a breach of the contract.

I travel very frequently, often to exotic places, but it has been the only time I came across situation like that.

I was going to report this case to the fraud combating authorities in the US and Canada before I realized it is not the US chain of the same name. Maybe some Spanish reader of this site who experienced the same treatment can alert appropriate authority in Argentina.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple