1,425 results
All reviews the club lounge platinum member cafe tortoni wine store main restaurant classic hotel health club executive floor hardwood floors san telmo walking distance business district casa rosada florida street very nice hotel central location rooms are spacious
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location in BA. The staff speaks English and it is clean.

BUT, it is not a five star hotel. The reasons are following:
-When arriving none of the staff members standing outside the bag will help you with the bags.
- the rooms are clean, but very dated and look tired.
- the bathroom looked even more dated.
- we had an issue with the bathroom kept clogging up. Disgusting.
- the walls are very thin and if you get a room with one of those connecting rooms-door you will hear the others very very well. We had the pleasure to hear a businessman going to the bathroom once an hour and how he sneezed every five minutes.
- the breakfast is very limited. It is good, but from a five star hotel you want the option to have a lot more to choose from. It had 2-3 different bread rolls, two types of jam etc. The breakfast room looks amazing though.
- we had a power cut when about to check out. We had two heavy bags, we stayed on the 11th floor and the lifts did not work. No information was given of when it would be fixed.

I would recommend the hotel, but don’t expect a five star hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Hello independent888!

We understand that details matter, and they are essential for us to only deliver the highest standard of luxury every time. While I'm happy that you find our rooms clean and our breakfast good, I'm very sorry about the issues on maintenance, update, and service that you experienced. I understand that you find our breakfast selections limited, and you were inconvenienced with the sudden power cut, too.

This is certainly not the usual here, nor our shining moment. No worries, I shared all of these with our Engineering Supervisor and Front Office Manager. I'm sure they'll reference your comments when upgrading our facilities and training our hotel staff.

I know your stay is not perfect, but thanks for choosing us for your trip in Buenos Aires and sharing your experience. We hope to have you again, so we can provide you with a wonderful stay next time!

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I typically stay in another part of. the city, but could not this visit due to availability. I assumed the Intercontinental hotel would be very good - clean, comfortable, great service, and it was all of that. Just a few points worth noting - the elevator is very quick so rooms on high floors are actually convenient (this is good!). The breakfast is included with the stay and I found the buffet to be very good, with good coffee too and the service was very efficient and pleasant.

One night I was too tired to look for a restaurant and walk anywhere significant so I chose the hotel restaurant. The atmosphere on the patio is intimate, quiet and very comfortable - I definitely recommend it if you don't feel like going out one night. The provaleta was very good and my bife de chorizo was prepared perfectly - much better than I expected in a hotel!

My room had plenty of room and was comfortable for evenings of work. Marble bathrooms and wood floors throughout the rooms made me feel at home.

The only issue I have with this hotel is its location. My business required leaving the downtown area and transportation to the major roadways was slow due to city traffic. Aside from this traffic issue, this is a very nice hotel in an area with plenty of eating options and short walks to major city attractions and views.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the breakfast and the hotel restaurant - both are very good.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
InterContinentalBsAs, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at InterContinental BUENOS AIRES.
Again, thank you for choosing InterContinental.

Celina Vesprini

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I have kept coming to this hotel for several years and the service levels just keep going down that could be something to do with the fact it is increasingly becoming an airline crew hotel.

They haven't done any renovations since my first visit 15 or so years ago and one is desperately due.

Just keep hearing an excuse after an excuse and nothing happens. This is at best Crowne Plaza on its current state.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Hi LoyaltyLobby,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs and for sharing your feedback. I am happy to read the proximity of our hotel was very beneficial for your trip.

Our goal is to make your visit a complete success. Although I am sorry you felt you did not receive a good value for your stay due to the overall hotel condition. We do understand the importance of being a preferred hotel by allowing our guests to see why we were the right option. Be assured that I shared your review with the hotel management for upgrade purposes.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience as we value your loyalty to our hotel brand. Despite what happened, we hope you give us another chance to provide you a better experience should you return to Buenos Aires.

Kind regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I was only for one night and I love the hotel at the first sight, receptionist was nice, hotel looks great! My room was nice enough, so far so good
Then I went to the gym, gym was good size with all machines
Then took a shower, and went for a drink before dinner, bar classic one, BUT terrible service, 10 minutes and not one caters, so I went to the bar attendant and ask for a drink, dry martini with grey goose, 15 minutes later I was not getting anything, I cal a waiter he did not care to come, call the same waitress I ask at the beginning, next to the bar attendant and she said from the far, there are too many people you just have to wait, then I said not, please ask the manager to come and she responded in a nasty way you should go and tell yourself and I insisted him to come, another 5 minutes later he came with my drink, well
Prepared, but they really bothered me with the bad attitude, too bad the waiter and the waitresses were foreigners, sorry bad attitude should not b allowed in a 5 stars hotel
The. I went for dinner at the terrace, service and food were great, we did enjoy it the food and service a lot
The the morning after, I always eat whites only omelette for breakfast and was the first time in similar hotels I was going to be charge for it, which I refused
Service was terrible for the breakfast
Back to reception and concierge for my transportation was great
I really have mixfellings, should I go back?

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank guillermov670

Dear Guillermo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. I was really disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with our quality of service and would like to apologize for any inconveniences.

Please be informed that this unfortunate incident is definitely not the norm at the InterContinental Buenos Aires. Also, rest assured that your comments will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads, since all our efforts are commanded to provide our clients with the best service you deserve.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs.I will send you a private message in order to be in contact with you.

I will be more than glad to assist you when your travel plans bring you back to Buenos Aires. Kindly contact me if I can be of any assistance.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Buenos Aires in the near future.

Celina VEsprini

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I stayed here for work. The hotel exceeded my expectations. For me air conditioning is important. This hotel’s AC was great (for those of us who like to see our breath when we sleep) It was refreshing with so many hotels now-a-days controlling our room temperature, resulting in no sleep for me.. I ordered room service twice. Fantastic both times. Great customer service all around. The hotel has a wine shop attached. Wonderful wines to buy and bring home. Highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
InterContinentalBsAs, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Guest,
Again, thank you for choosing InterContinental.

Celina Vesprini