“Average”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The place is too small.. They won't even entertain u without a reservation.... Food very average and absolutely not worth the price.. .....
Won't go again

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I'll go straight to what you need to know: The food is excellent, as is the attention. Make sure you make a reservation, as the place is small (cozy) and will fill up pretty quick, even in the middle of the week. I live in Buenos Aires, so it's not just the one random sushi place i went to.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed every morsel. We chose the pescado blanco, Inca roll and ebi with panko crumbs, and topped it off with the desert degustation and cafe con leche - the brownie was divine! The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and the service was quality too.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Amazing sushi - some truly unique yet delicious specials. Make a reservation, we nearly didn't get in because we hadn't. The wine cellar is a surprising must to see if you can... Fantastic drinks!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

in this sushi place they pay a lot of attention to detail so that your evening becomes a special candle-lit event, in a cool atmosphere with a soft soundtrack of jazz standards. It is advisable to make a reservation if you don’t want to lose your chance to visit Tenkuu because it only has 16 seats between a handful of small tables and a couple of stools at the sushi man’s bar. Alan, the waiter, knows the menu very well and he even speaks some Japanese. The menu is quite extensive, since they not only serve Japanese food but also different dishes from Asian cuisine, such as wok and fish specialties, as well as Peruvian fusion alternatives. In my case, I enjoyed a tasting menu which started with some miso soup with fried tofu, followed by a 30 piece sushi platter, complete with engawa sashimi (raw, thinly sliced sole, a cut near the fin that is very popular among Japanese diners), sole and salmon niguiris, rolls with avocado and rocket leaves, and my favorite: fried shrimp rolls. We also enjoyed a mini sampler of the western desserts where the pastry cook shows off his skill with a final chapter that I would entitle “chocolate galore”, something that in my humble opinion is a great match for Japanese food. Everything was really fresh and delicious, and we drank a glass of Chardonnay by Familia Gascón. To bring the evening to a perfect close, my friend -who happens to be a sommelier- bought a bottle of Ozeki Sake so that I had the chance to taste sake for the first time and make a toast -kanpai!

1  Thank CecidePalermo