“What a Wonderful Find!”
Review of Hotel Tiana

Hotel Tiana
Ranked #82 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This little boutique hotel is charming very well located with friendly staff who went out of their way to make us feel at home. The rooms french doors opened onto a sun room with glassed in gardens on either side. The toiletries were L'Octainne, quite a treat.

Room Tip: Ground florr rooms had access to the beautiful sunroom and gardens
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed here as part of a tango dance holiday organised by www.tangoalchemy.co.uk . Susana our hostess and her team made us very welcome and were very helpful. We were all calling Tiana home.

Ideally located next near to my favourite place to dance Paza Dorrego.

Thank you Susana and everyone for helping to make our holiday so wonderful :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and I think this is a nice place, but I was a little disappointed in the room after all I had read on Trip Advisor (a main reason I chose it).

Again, the staff was great and allowed us to check in early without any problems. Breakfast was very nice with a selection of many items to choose from (and served late in the morning if you are lazy like we were).

My only real strong opinion about the hotel is that I didn't think the cost of the room ($133 per night including IVA) was a good value. I am not a hotel snob at all and can honestly (and proudly) say that I once paid $1 to sleep on a mattress in a shack in Ethiopia, so I only complain to management when something is really wrong. This hotel got very good reviews on this site and the photos looked nice on its web site (though, don't they all), so I thought I would give it a shot.

Having said that, the room we stayed in just had a few too many hiccups for me to consider it beyond just good. The bathroom was very nice with L'Occitane products, but the jacuzzi didn't work the one time we wanted to use it. The bed was big with nice linens, but the mattress was VERY firm (not low quality, just not my preference and hard to sleep on). The TV had "HD" cable, but many of the channels had poor reception. Finally, the floor was painted (and peeling) gray and green cement. It was decidedly not what I expected to find at a boutique hotel. It seemed industrial and made the room less warm and welcoming. Admittedly, I didn't complain to the management about these hiccups because the only thing that was a real problem for me was the mattress, and I didn't imagine there was a variety of mattresses in the place. And really, in the end, I didn't go to BsAs to watch TV and sit in the Jacuzzi, in my room. However, I do think that as a hotel, if you are going to use these items as selling points and charge more for a boutique atmosphere, those featured amenities should work and the image should match. In the end, the most honest review of the room I can give is "It was good, not excellent."

Finally, I don't think it is a bad hotel at all, and I don't want this to be a bad review. I would stay there again in a pinch - it just wouldn't be my first choice and I wouldn't pay as much as I did. To me, $85-100 (including IVA) would be about right.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Buckeyes44
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I fond this hotel after a last minute panic caused by volcanic ash disrupting our plans, and am I glad that I did! The staff are friendly and helpful, the room was large and comfortable, my daughter appreciated the toiletries provided, and the breakfasts were the best we had on our trip. We had no complaints at all, and were very glad to return for a couple of days at the end of our holiday. The only slight challenge was the wifi mostly not working in our bedroom, but it was accessible from the main areas.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2011

This lovely hotel, a former mansion, sits in the heart of San Telmo, famous for its week-
end fair. The old mansion was exquisitely renovated. The rooms are well appointed
as are the bathrooms. L'Occitane toiletries are available in the bathrooms.

I arrived in the hotel past midnight because my flight was delayed in NYC for 13 hours.
A staff member welcomed me, showed me to be room and delivered my suitcases.
It was such a relief to be in such a comfortable and attractive environment.

After sleeping soundly as no noise filters into the building, I had breakfast in their
informal dining room. Breakfast is a la carte, and you can order a continental
breakfast or, alternatively, eggs and the like. The menu is ample. Furthermore, lunch and dinner is served in the dining room . The food is delicious.

The staff is very accommodating, and you feel very much at home. It is worth
mentioning that I had requested, when I made the reservation, that a car pick me
up at the airport. I was not disappointed as the driver was there to meet me,
considering that he spent the day checking my flight as little info was being provided
by AA.