“Reasonable value for average food”
Review of Las Canas

Las Canas
Ranked #77 of 6,151 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Nicolás
Reviewed 20 May 2018

The restaurant is pleasant. We were early in the off-season and were the first there at 7:30. Service was attentive, but with very little English. I can't compare the food to other restaurants in the area, but I would call it average, by which I mean acceptable but nothing special. The prices, including the wine, though, were very good. If you want good value and are not looking for fine dining, Las Canas will fill the bill.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We were there in March, for dinner, and it was a very nice experience. Service is great, food is excellent, as in Buenos Aires, very good selection of wines.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We enjoyed our dinner at Las Canas - it was located a few short steps from our hotel, Icaro Suites. We were a party of four and two of us shared a parrilla plate which gave us three cuts of different meat - two beef and one pork and they were delicious. The pasta enjoyed by our other traveling companions was also good.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We went early (we were actually the first table for lunch on a week day).
The host and the waiter were very friendly and the place, all in colourful wood, is truly nice. Upon arrival, we were given a bread basket with a special parsley mayo.

My mom (because I went with my mom) got a light salad and I went for the 'suprema al verdeo con papas noisette', which in English sounds like 'chicken schnitzel with green onions and noisette potatoes'.
After that, we had the 'Copa Escocia' (Scotland Cup) that you will love.

My mom wanted to use a special voucher she had, and even if there was something missing (like a code I guess) they anyway gave us the discount, which we appreciated.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had been passing by the restaurant a few times every time we left the hotel, and it always seemed to be very popular.
We came there a Saturday night at 21.30 and half an hour later the restaurant was full - so don’t be too late.
The service was overall very good, and especially our waiter Robinson did a great job.
We came back on our last night in BsAs yesterday and had another great experience.
Great starter (soup), great meat and excellent wines. And in the end a tasty and sweet desert. Highly recommendable:)