See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2017

A great little hotel with very friendly and helpful staff in a brilliant, lively location. The hotel's very clean in a shabby/chic way and the breakfast was good. There's no bar but there's a small supermarket a hundred yards down the road and you're welcome to buy drinks there and then take it to the hotel's rooftop courtyard. If ever in BA again, we'd definitely stay here.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Absolutely adored the hotel and friendly staff! Arrived on a Sunday afternoon and thought it was closed, but no, just the gate was locked. The staff (Lucas, Ignacio, Norma and Pierre) really went out of their way to make you feel relaxed and at home. Room very comfy and the breakfast was gorgeous! It was the most relaxed hotel I have ever been to! Will certainly return!

Room tip: There are only 9 rooms I think. I loved the whole hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the terraces!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2016

I read both the positive and negative reviews on TripAdvisor and I think they are probably all accurate - depending on your expectations and what room (and employees) you get on what day. I would say the place is more Bohemian than Boutique. It's very homey and comfy in a slightly worn way with rugs, pictures, books, old wood furniture, plants, real wood floors etc. I liked the locked metal gate- ok a little inconvenient for some people maybe, but after 3 months in South America I appreciate police and gates! It made me feel safe. The employee who checked us in, whose name I unfortunately forgot, was great. Very helpful. He was on his way off his shift, so he said his colleague would help us with other questions. The second guy was rather disinterested and getting information out of him about certain things we wanted to see and do was a bit like pulling teeth. Wifi was very good. The location is great- just a couple of blocks away from a nicer area with lots of stores and cafes and restaurants. It is a bit sketchy there at night (even according to the employee), but ok where there are people and bars. As usual, at night, make sure you know where you are going and don't take stuff you are not willingness to part with (or take a taxi). The B&B is very quiet inside (we were there on weekday). Our room had windows to inside court/stairs on second floor. I imagine the third floor is nicer.
The bed was super comfortable and everyone was quiet so I slept great- the most important thing to me. If someone is talking outside your door, walls or door is super thin so you hear everything, but as I said, all the guests were quiet as mice or sleeping. The walls, closets, bathroom grout etc could use some upgrades, paint and scrubbing... more hippie than Boutique, but otherwise all was clean. Breakfast starts at 8:30, so if you're leaving early you won't be served, but dishes, fruit and a bit of bread was out, and they let you help yourself like at home, which was nice. I made tea, had fresh fruit. Overall a great place.

Room tip: Describe your needs to hotel and I think they will try to accommodate you.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Great welcome and helpful staff with homemade breakfast and freshly squeezed juice ... rooms well furnished and comfy beds !! Would return on next visit as made to feel welcome as a special guest with help with club trips tango and sightseeing ,.............

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Great service, clean rooms and and excellent location! Breakfast is simple but well made, and goes until later hours (which is great if you are not a morning persons, as myself). Staff is kind and provide recommendations about the city. I would stay again!

Room tip: Rooms upstairs are quieter, but you have to climb stairs
Date of stay: October 2016