All reviewsquiet streetvery nice small hotelspa arearooms are spacioussection of buenos airesexcellent stayjacuzzi tubexcellent boutique hotelwater pressurebooked this hotelsafe neighborhoodmini barthree nightssmall poolearly checkbreakfast was includedfew blocks
Reviewed 1 March 2018

My husband and I used to live in BA, and this hotel was the perfect spot for visiting the city for the first time with our children (10&12). Great walking to Recoleta, easy drop-off/pick-up for taxis into other parts of the city, and plenty of restaurants nearby if the kids were too exhausted to go further afield for something to eat. Bonus find was the three laundries on the same block where I could drop off some unplanned laundry. The hotel staff were cheerful and helpful, and our stay could not have been easier. Traveling as a family, it is sometimes hard to find a room that will accommodate all four of us; our room at HJ Boutique Recoleta was very comfortable, much more spacious than I would have anticipated, and just right. Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Adriano R, Director General at Howard Johnson Hotel Boutique Recoleta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We're glad to know that you felt comfortable with our room facilities and the attention of our staff. It would be a pleasure to have you back. Regards.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Hotel was a big surprise. It's narrow, with 8 floors and 4 rooms per floor. The rooms are, well, roomy. Very comfortable. A/c is quyiet and effective. Location is key, peaceful neighborhood with many restaurants around and a handy little market nearby. Breakfast area is small but we never had to wait for a table. The two elevators are small too but always available. There is a tiny lounge area with a small pool, fitness and sauna. Staff is very professional to ensure you have a great stay. We did.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered -03 are the best options.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Rooms were very big and very quiet. The morning breakfast buffet had a wide variety of items, including eggs, and was an unexpected pleasant surprise. Recoleta is a quiet, safe neighborhood with plenty of restaurants. As a woman traveling alone, I was very comfortable. I felt that I got more than my money’s worth staying here.

The hotel does not have a pool. It has the equivalent of two jacuzzis side by side, except the water is lukewarm. Disappointing. The “gym” is one bike, one treadmill, and two sets of dumbells in a tiny space. If working out at a hotel is important to you, don’t stay here.

One point of irritation for me:

I asked the hotel to arrange a cab from the airport and charge to my room. I found out when I arrived that I had to pay the driver cash. This was not cool. Also, $50 USD is a ripoff versus what it would have cost in Pesos. The hotel should tell you that you’ll have to pay out of pocket.

Stayed: February 2018

We're glad to know that you felt comfortable with our room facilities and the location. Regarding the price of the taxi is the same if you hire it at the airport, but we will consider your comment to improve the information that the payment must be in cash. Regards

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights before getting on a cruise. Located in a nice neighborhood with many restaurants in area. Literally four blocks away from the famous cemetery in Recoleta. Friendly staff, clean modern rooms that have lots of space. Usual course on the free continental breakfast. Taxi from airport to here cost wife and I $44 USD. Street is easy to miss if the taxi driver is not paying attention and our driver missed it and we got a free tour of the neighborhood while he tried to get back on track. Pillows are flat but they give you four per bed. Street is quiet and we had a room facing the street. One thing that was not provided were wash cloths for the shower. Internet is good when you can get on, for some reason the PW worked sometimes and did not work others. Small safe in the room just like they have on cruise ship cabins. Friendly staff.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jocampo

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

This boutique hotel is located in Recoleta, a trendy and quieter section of Buenos Aires. I felt safe walking in the area day & night. We were allowed to check in early, and given an upgrade to a huge room with king bed. The bathroom is large and done in good taste. We enjoyed a soak in the jacuzzi after walking for hours in the city! The hotel provided a wonderful breakfast with lots of choice. There is a spa area with hot tub & sauna. Spa services are available as well. The staff of the hotel are really what makes this hotel so special. The concierge on duty always went out of their way helping with restaurant recommendations & reservations, taxis as well. Matias & Max who assisted us often deserve a special mention for their outstanding service. There are many good restaurants close to the hotel. Am so happy we booked this hotel for our stay in Buenos Aires! Highly recommend staying here! I give it 5 points +++!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sailorgal12345
Adriano R, Director de Recepción at Howard Johnson Hotel Boutique Recoleta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018