“An enjoyable alternative to restaurant dining”
Review of Casa SaltShaker

Casa SaltShaker
Ranked #9 of 6,294 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$80 - US$80
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Recoleta
Description: Welcome to Casa SaltShaker. We offer a unique dining experience, sharing a table with other guests at our home in Barrio Norte. The setting is casual and the conversation lively. Our food is eclectic with a Mediterranean base. It's all about meeting new friends over good food and wine.Bienvenidos a Casa SaltShaker (Salero). Ofrecemos una experiencia gastronómica única, compartiendo una mesa con otros comensales en nuestra casa de Barrio Norte. El ambiente es informal y la conversación animada. Nuestra cocina es ecléctica con una base mediteránea. Se trata de conocer nuevos amigos y sobre todo de gustar buena comida y buen vino.
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We found the food and dinner company interesting and fun. Very nice wine pairings.

saltshaker, Owner at Casa SaltShaker, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Casa Saltshaker. The meal and the wine parings were excellent, along with the intros that Dan gave at the beginning of each course. We had an amazing evening conversing with new people and learning about their varied interests and travels. Casa Saltshaker is a definite must do if you are ever in Buenos Aires!

"Amazing" is what we hope for and so glad we achieved it with you guys! Thanks for being a big part of making that happen.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

The menu was a bit of an odd mix, but overall good quality food. The portions were big for a 5 course menu but on the other hand, you do not have to finish every dish if you don't feel like it. The wines were great.

The main attraction however was to meet a quite random group of people who in our dinner all turned out to be fun and interesting. Somehow eating nice food in someone else's home with people I didn't know but with who I seemed to have common interests reminded me of expat life.

We don't want people to go away hungry! It is pretty fascinating how quickly people from different walks of life find common interests to talk about - a big part of the fun of these evenings!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I couldn't have started my visit to Buenos Aires any better than with a meal in Dan's home. The atmosphere was so enjoyable - relaxing lighting and music selection, likeable company, and timing of the courses. Each course with its paired wine was completely satisfying. I enjoyed the care that Dan took introducing to us the ingredients he used, and the preparation process for the various dishes. I loved having the chance to talk to the people collected around the table, and felt at home the entire time. I appreciate the way that Dan and Henry's food brings people together. I would recommend this to anyone who is up for a night of good conversation and new tastes.

Happy to hear we were a great start to your visit to Buenos Aires. Hopefully the rest of the trip stayed on a high note!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

My first experience with Dan and Henry was last July. My husband and I loved the food and music selection for the evening. Any musician would adore how compatable each song, dish, and wine pairing were.

I recently brought my cousin to Dan's home and the experience was even better, Each course was elegantly prepared, and the wine pairings were impeccable. Again, the music selection was phenomenal. Dan did an impressive job highlighting the texture of each dish with equally textured songs.

The people were charming and we will definitely be going back!

Thanks for the return visit and hopefully there will be more in the future. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you in Paraguay next month!