All reviews communal areas asado metro station rooms are clean south america dulce de leche reese cereal facilities wifi ba
Reviewed 27 November 2016

This was the best place I stayed whilst travelling around South America. Really sociable but still calm and quiet, nice kitchen, clean rooms and bathrooms, large social areas, and really helpful staff.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I enjoyed every moment of my stay in the hostel because of the friendly staff and the enthusiasm and good nature of Rhyss. The hostel is the great place to feel like a home and meet people. The breakfast is humble with and coffee through out the day: The common room is quite spacious: Dorm rooms are pretty decent with plenty space to keep stuff with the big locker.

Next time if I make it to this hostel; i will definitely attend the generous asados on the thursdays.

The hostel has tons info on how to enjoy every night in Buenos Aires:

Room Tip: Best location
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Small hostel in a good location. Maybe not for party goers, but I enjoyed a much. Great staff and friendly people. First night walked straight into a bbq party and felt really welcome. I really liked the atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Nice little hostel in the second floor of an old building right in the centre of Buenos Aires. The staff is very helpful with all kind of questions - although there seem to be other people working there every day.
There was breakfast included in the room rate, which was basic but had every day freshly made bread and cake from the owner. There was a good vibe overall and the hostel provided guitars in the living room area, where was also a pool table.
They also really cared about security, so you always felt safe in the hostel. Really good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2016

The staff where great. Helpful and fun. Reese was particularly awesome and I had a beer or two with him. Maria from Venezuala was always smiling.

Breakfast was basic (bread and coffee) and a few more oranges and bananas would give it balance.

Good atmosphere overall. This is not luxury but it is sufficient and clean and met my needs for 4 nights or so.

Overall the people of Argentina are very friendly. One time I ordered a Crepe and a Coffee and I was short some Argentine money so I canceled the coffee. The person behind me bought me a coffee! I did give him some USD but the offer to pay for my coffee was genuine. It was perhaps the best coffee I have had in a long time.

I got the feeling throughout my time in Argentina and Uruguay that this is typical ... however you should always keep one eye open and handle your own bags etc. I consider myself a reasonably smart traveler but upon two separate occasions I drank too much and lost my phone and leather jacket and sustained some minor injuries. Not sure exactly what happened which is a little strange but nothing serious anyhow.

Room Tip: Ask one of the staff if they want to go out ... you might get a bite from someone.