All reviews communal areas asado metro station rooms are clean south america dulce de leche reese cereal facilities wifi ba
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Small hostel in a good location. Maybe not for party goers, but I enjoyed a much. Great staff and friendly people. First night walked straight into a bbq party and felt really welcome. I really liked the atmosphere.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Nice little hostel in the second floor of an old building right in the centre of Buenos Aires. The staff is very helpful with all kind of questions - although there seem to be other people working there every day.
There was breakfast included in the room rate, which was basic but had every day freshly made bread and cake from the owner. There was a good vibe overall and the hostel provided guitars in the living room area, where was also a pool table.
They also really cared about security, so you always felt safe in the hostel. Really good value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2016

The staff where great. Helpful and fun. Reese was particularly awesome and I had a beer or two with him. Maria from Venezuala was always smiling.

Breakfast was basic (bread and coffee) and a few more oranges and bananas would give it balance.

Good atmosphere overall. This is not luxury but it is sufficient and clean and met my needs for 4 nights or so.

Overall the people of Argentina are very friendly. One time I ordered a Crepe and a Coffee and I was short some Argentine money so I canceled the coffee. The person behind me bought me a coffee! I did give him some USD but the offer to pay for my coffee was genuine. It was perhaps the best coffee I have had in a long time.

I got the feeling throughout my time in Argentina and Uruguay that this is typical ... however you should always keep one eye open and handle your own bags etc. I consider myself a reasonably smart traveler but upon two separate occasions I drank too much and lost my phone and leather jacket and sustained some minor injuries. Not sure exactly what happened which is a little strange but nothing serious anyhow.

Room tip: Ask one of the staff if they want to go out ... you might get a bite from someone.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

This hostel was nice, with homemade bread for breakfast. The thing that really makes this place stand out was the great staff. They were helpful, friendly and genuinely interesting to talk to. I left my hoodie there and after emailing them, they shipped in to Salta for me where I would be in a few days. Honestly don't think most places would do that. They are really great.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Me and my cousin both had a great time at this hostel, the people and staff were very friendly and it was a great location and cleaned regularly. The roof in the living area did leak a bit but this didn't effect our opinion. I wouldn't stay here if you wanted a higher class of hostel as there were little details like the sheets hadn't been changed when we got there. These things didn't bother us but it might put some people off.

Date of stay: April 2016