“Great hostel with a lay-back vibe”
Review of Rayuela Hostel

Rayuela Hostel
Reviewed 8 April 2015

I enjoyed my one-week stay at the Rayuela hostel in Buenos Aires. Adequate culinary utensils, clean, good breakfast especially the croissants, good advice from the desk.
Most important of all, the hostel owner would invite backpackers in the hostel to have an authentic Argentinian style dinner. Believe me, he's really good at gastronomy.
Apart from which has been mentioned, Rayuela hostel is located close to the metro stations, with laundry store within 5 minutes on foot.
Ideal location and environment, this is what backpackers are looking for.

Room Tip: everything is fine
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Duskwanderer

Reviewed 29 March 2015

I stayed in Rayuela on multiple occasions during my travels in Buenos Aires, and I must say it is my favorite hostel. It's in a beautiful historic building in a fantastic location with easy access to the whole city. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was super tasty ( homemade bread and medialunas,yumm!) The kitchen seemed brand new,and the staff always helped me find whatever I needed. I'd have to say the best part of Rayuela is the ambience. The owners were around often,cooked amazing asados in a family dinner style,and hung out and drank wine with us. I felt like I had a home away from home at Rayuela. Looking forward to going back there again one day for sure. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariac1217
Reviewed 24 March 2015

Positives: Wonderful staff. We went out on a few nights out with them, they gave great advice and the owner even cooked barbecue for everyone on the first night. The location is excellent and the safety is also very good.

Negatives: It could do with a bit of a spring clean.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2015

We stayed here December 2014 for two nights. Christian who runs the hostel is trying to do a good job but is let down by his staff.

We arranged a taxi from airport which was waiting for us. But the charge was less than the hostel advised...There is a different charge for domestic terminal. A very honest taxi driver...

On arrival we were met by arrival lady who was having a party as it was her last day working. We were bundled into a room...waved a general direction to find a restaurant and she went back to her friends. Hmm not a great start.

Next day we met Christian who wax brilliant, and showed us great places to go based on our interests. That was the highlight...on the day we left we arranged a taxi to international airport at 5am....It did not show...We were promised someone would be on Reception but no one was there...We rang the emergency phone....no answer....so god help you if you had a real problem. ...We started trying to get a taxi, but then ours turned up...With space for 1....The hostel booked it wronh...The guy called for another one and eventually it turned up....

We thought we had escaped....just to realise we were covered head to toe in bed bug bites we emailed the hostel and Christian replied very apologetically and offered a refund and and free dinner...but we were now in Puerto madryn...We just asked that he fix the problem go others....but looking at latest reviews....

So a shame, we really wanted to like this place...good location, Christian is a good host, room was ok, breakfast was ok....

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank w9628983
Reviewed 26 February 2015

BED BUGS!!!!!
I had left a review on hostel world but my review got edited...

We stayed for 5 nights and I was eaten alive by bed bugs. Despite them giving me my stay for free, I wouldn't recommend staying here unless this problem is sorted. I moved beds 3 times and every time I got bitten. Otherwise good potential, average breakfast and could do with being cleaner.

• Stayed: February 2015