All reviews private beach garden bar nice resort rooms are decent hunting fishing torch boats haunting sand promotion
Reviewed 9 November 2014

Pros.
- Location is good with clean beach. Many activities like crab hunting, fishing, etc.
- Big pool area to accommodate many people.
- Rooms are big enough for family with 2 kids.
- Food amount is generous.

Cons
- Too many cats especially near dining area.
- Bathroom fittings should be improved.
- Need more TV channels. (especially for Kids)

Nice place for simple and relaxed vacation..

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2014

Don't be fooled by the nice pictures you will see online, it's a terrible place.Dirty smell all around so called lawn.... Insects,Spiders & Trash every where, no clean place to sit, no clean facilities as if those weren't cleaned for ages. Room interior was dirty... seems they did painting years ago... Black marks or stains on walls....We can not term this resort as a Beach front .. it is actually like a creek side or a Bay.... No waves we can experience... I would say.. must avoid booking this resort!!!

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Shijin S
Reviewed 5 October 2014 via mobile

Was absolutely the worst experience in a very long time..reality is completely opposite to what you see on the website. Don't be fooled by the nice pictures you will see online, it's a terrible place. Trash every where, no clean place to set, no clean facilities as if those weren't cleaned for ages, food is terrible, and service is a total disaster. I would rate it -10 if I could.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Yasmin R
Reviewed 12 September 2014

We had a fantastic weekend a this surreal place. Whilst the decor of the resort is a little tired and dated, the views are absolutely stunning. Waking up on a mangrove lake with flamingos and a host of other bird-life was magnificent. The night-time crab-hunting safari was entertaining and memorable and the staff cook your catch to make for a delicious meal. Breakfast was also tasty. We had a beautiful boat trip out on the lake and saw turtles in the water! A perfect destination for something different form UAE city life.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I would not set foot in this resort if they paid me too-AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Living in Dubai, a wonderful, hygienic and friendly place, I was already skeptical when my stepdad booked a crabbing trip and included buffet in the far away land of Umm Al Quwain (just past Sharjah). After driving an hour through the middle of the desert, we approached Umm Al Quwain... We saw no proof of human life for a good 20 miles and when we arrived at the Flamingo Beach Resort, my mothers words to my stepfather were "Have you brought us here to die?"

There was no-one in sight- not a soul, except for the poor family who arrived an hour after us having booked a mini-vacation from their vacation at the Dubai Radisson (god bless them).

There was litter all over the floor. The roof was falling off, the building itself needed 'a good lick of paint and some TLC' as my mother put it - but I personally think a bulldozer would do a better job.

When we walked out into the pool area (something that reminded me of a bad story on Channel 4s 'Holidays from Hell') we were greeted by a cat who looked longingly into our eyes and asked us to put it out of it's misery. The place was abuzz with hornets (creatures I have not yet encountered anywhere else in the UAE) and another cat with a hook hanging out of it's mouth and blood smeared all over it's back.

The one thing I struggle to emphasise is the fact there was literally no other person by the pool/beach are- not one.

The place was so run down it was screaming disease- and the pool was even worse. It was green, with what can only be described as hair balls floating on the top. The flock of crows who resided at the resort (maybe they were there to eat human remains...) were drinking the pool water, and if that's not a sign you need to run, I don't know what is.

The children's pool was so bad it resembled the grim reapers social meeting spot. It looked like it had never been cleaned, with bugs, litter and hair balls making it difficult to see the bottom.

That was when I know if we stayed here a moment longer- and worse ate from this kitchen- one of us (if not all of us) would be seriously ill.

With that, we realised we wanted to live to tell the tale of this trip and went straight to reception to demand our money back- all 850dhs of it.

The only saving grace of this trip was the lovely man at reception who refunded us our money no questions asked- something I can only assume he did because he knew he was working at a s***hole.

Date of stay: August 2014