“Impressive and on a huge scale!”

Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have just returned from my stay at the Cornelia - 3 nights for pleasure and 3 for work. For the all inclusive nightly rate that I paid, I thought it was good value for money - however, I believe this was a discounted rate due to the conference I was attending and to be fair, I wouldn't have paid any more.

Hotel - the set up is very impressive with a vast array of bars, restaurants, pools, sunbathing areas and a large stretch of beach. There is also an amphitheatre, nightclub, water park, mini golf and what looked like a huge children's play area.

Accommodation - gorgeous room with sea-view and balcony overlooking the complex. Free mini bar, safe, room service and beach towels! It had everything you could need, including the prettiest and most comprehensive set of toiletries I've ever seen!

Food - for all-inclusive, head to the huge Diamond buffet restaurant or the poolside Dome bar. You must pay a supplement for the rest of the restaurants. I have never in my life seen so much choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus ice cream, a midnight buffet, Turkish pastries mid-morning in the lobby, it was just endless! The food was plentiful, well stocked and of a good standard but it was still mass produced, buffet fare so I couldn't call the quality excellent.

Drink - I was very impressed with the service. I was constantly offered drinks and refills, something that I thought would not be as readily available, considering it was all-inclusive and they weren't making any extra money out of me! The range too was excellent and a lot of branded spirits and good quality cocktails were included.

Service - there were SO many staff at the resort, it was incredible! My only criticism was the poor level of English they all spoke. Now I know this is Turkey and why SHOULD they speak English but this was a tourist resort on a massive scale with global appeal and realistically, a good grasp of the universal language should be a must.

Facilities - I didn't use either of them but I heard good comments about the huge spa on-site and the golfing facilities. There are several small shops in the resort - a poorly stocked, slightly sad looking general store plus very expensive handbag, jewellery, clothing and sunglasses outlets.

Currency - I took £100 worth of Turkish lira to cover taxis to and from the airport plus any incidentals. Randomly, I was quoted a price in Euros at the airport taxi rank and even the shops at the hotel wanted Euros. Plus the cost of the visa at the airport (total con, made me very annoyed) is supposed to be paid in pounds, Euros or US dollars!! So my advice would be not to bother with lira!

All in all, a very impressive resort and for those looking for sun, good service and an all-inclusive holiday on a massive scale, you can't go far wrong.

Room Tip: Sea view and if you have the budget, the villas looked AMAZING with individual swim up pools!
Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mariannelynton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,472)

Reviewed 13 October 2012

My first time to a resort in Turkey and i was pleasantly surprised with the comfort, facilities and overall standard. I was here for a conference but still found time to relax by the pool. An all inclusive hotel which makes life easy, the food was good quality and a wide range although that was not the case with the wines in the restaurant. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable allowing for both work and leisure. My only regret was that i did not get a chance to sample the golf course. Only about 40 minutes from the airport .
I would go back again and take the family

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I have just spent three nights here attending a convention and I have not been at all impressed with this resort. First, it does not meet on several measures the standards of a five star resort and. I have stayed in a number of five star all inclusive and this has been the worst.

The staff are rude and generally ambivalent towards their guests. I had to ask on four separate occasions about extending a late checkout and it just seemed impossible for them to organise until a couple of hours before I needed it. On check out I was bid farewell with "thanks that's it" - no did you enjoy your stay, was everything ok etc.

Whilst the general areas of the resort are too a high standard the finish and furnishing in the rooms is poor and really quite cheap. I had to report a problem accessing the wireless to reception along with several other guests and they laughed nervously. Not the sort of customer service expected at a five star resort.

The food is terrible. Warmed up and incinerated buffet style with fish riddled with bones and a really poor choice. I didn't try a la carte as you can't make a reservation beyond 2030 and I am a late eater when abroad.

The worst part of my stay was the noose in the mornings. These walls are thin. You can here whatever your neighbours are up to be it snoring or something else and the housekeeping staff have one volume - very very loud. I was disturbed two mornings despite having do not disturb on and the door buzzers are so unbelievably loud you can hear them being pressed all down the corridor. Simply awful.

On the positive side it's reasonably priced but I'm afraid you get what you pay for. I will not be rerunning and would certainly not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank UKNick74
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have just returned from the Cornelia Diamond Turkey and had a wonderful time with my wife for 14 days.
The weather was excellent, and on our arrival we were upgraded to a Lake Room as our daughter was with us for 7 days of the 14 day stay and the accomodation was excellent.
The Hotel is kept spotless and all of the staff work hard to keep it this way but we felt that sometimes this was a little over powering when you hadnt finished a drink and it was collected if you turned your back.
Its nice to have the service of the waiters waiting 10 feet away ready to get a drink but it is also nice to be able to finish what you are drinking.
The A La Carte restaurants were very nice when you can actually get booked in but the automated system for booking these restaurants needs to be looked at as we had to go to guest relations every time we wanted to make a reservation and this was a bit teadous because we could never get the restaurant that we wanted and all guest relations said was that it was our thought for not ringing at 7pm, but this was not the case just a poor excuse for the automated system.
The entertainment for the first 7 days of our holiday was good but after that we were told it was to stop by one of the staff as it was end of season. It was explained by our Thomas Cook rep that they were changing things around but they never did it just stopped.
Having stayed in 5 star hotels around the world this hotel is definetly set up for the golfing world and the likes of the tour operators are just a top up of the income to fill the rooms.
Being a low handicap golfer myself I understand that the Hotel has reputation to keep within the golfing world but we felt that it was the golfers that were looked after more than the rest of the holiday makers.
We have stayed at the Sussei next door and Voyage Belek 5 star and felt that the entertainment was better and these hotels were better segregated for Adults and Children and you were treated as if you were in your own home and not Buckingham Palace.
As a previous review the hotel needs a couple tweeks to make it perfect, manners at the reception need to be looked at as do the changing of currency. We asked to change some english money into euros but was told that they could only change into lira but were quick enough to take your euros when paying for something.
A little tip for those wanting to call home, use the wireless or internet provided in the rooms and skype your families which does not cost you anything as opposed to paying for land line.

Room Tip: Lake Room on the East Side
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My partner and I Spent a week in this hotel, all inclusive, in July and spent most of our time wanting to be outside of the hotel as was jam packed with screaming children. Had this hotel been adults only it would have been better.
Also being in July i found the hotel was full of Russian family and the hotel seemed to focus their efforts on them. Family have return to this hotel in September and found it completely different.

Rooms
Rooms were very nicely presented and very clean.
we had problems with our AC, its was either far too cold or leave it off.
Also The bath didn't work and was never fixed
Experienced A la carte restaurants and thought there was absolutely no point in paying 10 Euro per person extra for bog standard food. buffet restaurant was much better.
Buffet choice was vast i cant even begin to describe, if you cant find something you like then you must be mad.
food at pool side snack bars was also good, mainly consisted of fresh pizza or Kebab on the menu or there was buffet at lunch with the usual junk food and fruits and salads.
The bars in the hotel were good and service was great, standard all inclusive.

Pool
Pool was very clean and nice feature with the waterfall, but FULL OF SCREAMING SPLASHING KIDS!!!

Beach
I didn't bother.... too many kids

Facilities
I did not use the spa or any of the hotels facilities so i can not comment on price or anything.

Summary
4 out of 5 Yawns from us for this Hotel i'm afraid, Decidedly average on the 5* front. The place looks great ..........but that's it.
If you enjoy eating and drinking all day and night surrounded by the white noise of children screaming in a pompus setting, then this is just the place for you.
Alternatively read some reviews of people who stayed at hotel during OFF PEAK season. You will get a better deal and a better service i am lead to believe.

Holiday was saved by going out for trips which were excellent.

Room Tip: Check everything works in your room before accepting to stay in it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple