All reviews early flight the ground floor asia mall baclaran convenience uber
Reviewed 3 November 2017

This is a very shabby hotel with a good location within easy reach of all 4 terminals at Manilla airport.
However, the surroundings are terrible and it is not recommended to stay here unless you want to have a short sleep- or stay-over between the flights.
The price is very affordable, but the whole feel, cleanliness, hight level of noise as well poor soundproof and the overall state of the hotel will not prompt me to book again.
I believe there are the better options around.

Room tip: Lower floors are likely loud.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2017

This hotel was merely our 1 night stopover form arriving in Manila and connecting with our Cebu Pacific flight to Coron the next morning.
The price was good and the location is really close to the airport.
The rooms are basic but clean. Rooms facing the main road are noisy... rather request a room towards the back of the hotel for peaceful sleep.
We enjoyed a lovely cocktail on the rooftop bar. The check in staff assisted in arranging our early morning transfer to the airport.
Breakfast was basic but sufficient. Good for a short stop in Manila - when needing to be close to the airport. Traffic in Manila is HECTIC, so handy to stay here when needing to get to the airport within 10 -15 minutes.

Room tip: Rooms facing the main road are noisy - request a room at the back of the property
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Riza d, Front Office Manager at Nichols Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Greetings from Nichols Airport Hotel.

We would like to extend our gratitude and to thank you for staying at our Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we will make sure that we will have better service on your next stay!!

Thank you again!!

Sincerely yours,

Carlo DC. Alumpe
Duty Manager
Nichols Airport Hotel

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Pros:
The hotel is close to the Airport. The superior room is worth the money. The drivers, front desk, housekeeping, bar staff and the guards are all nice, they always make our stay great.
Cons:
The GRUMPY staff at coffee shop are always playing loud videos, it's really annoying. Grumpy because even if we greet them they don't say anything. You will be ashamed to disturb them to order something because they are quite busy and always on their phones. One time even the older guy they call "sir" played a scandalous audio(TV was also on) while we were having lunch so we had to move on another table, away from him. We always stay here since years and nothing has changed. Nichols will always be our favorite, theres alot that we like about it..but coffee shop is where we always start our day and its somehow always disappointing. I just hope that the manager will read this review.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Greetings from Nichols Airport Hotel!!

We would like to extend our gratitude in staying at our Hotel. In light of your concern we would like to apologize for the inconvenience it brought you. We will address your concern directly.

Thank you!!

Sincerely yours,

Carlo DC. Alumpe
Duty Manager
Nichols Airport Hotel

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night before flying home. I was going to fly from Cebu to Manila, and then from Manila to South Africa on the same day, but ultimately decided to fly into Manila the day before to get some extra rest. Throughout my stay in the Philippines, this was the most expensive hotel I stayed in, almost double the price I paid for a similar hotel in Cebu City, but in comparison, the hotel in Cebu was so much better and more comfortable than Nichols Airport Hotel. The biggest reason I chose to here in the end was the rooftop bar, just because its something different and give you a good view of the city, but to my dissapointment they dont open the bar on Sundays, something I find strange because it is their main attraction. Rooms are a bit rustic, bed was really average and aircon loud, even on its quite setting. The main positive is that its close to the airport, and also I do not think you will find anything much better or cheaper in Manila, so if you have to stay in Manila for one night, you can probably give it a go. I will next time rather avoid staying over in Manila all together.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My driver and I found it difficult to find the hotel initially as I'd had a 3 hour transfer from Anilao, Mabini and my driver wasn't local. When I had booked it on Expedia, it was called the ZEN rooms. However, after asking a lot of people on the road about the whereabouts of the hotel, no one knew (even though we had a number). I eventually went into a hotel to ask about it and found that was the hotel but it was called Nichols Airport Hotel. When I enquired inside, I found out the the ZEN rooms was infact an online name and not the name of the hotel. I thought it would have been useful to have both names on the booking and on a sign at the hotel (I couldn't see one).

Once at the hotel, the receptionist spoke excellent English and was very helpful. I was given a ZEN rooms toiletries bag with some goodies inside (shampoo, moisturiser, notepad, pencil) . There were 2 restaurants on site to choose from for food. The hotel also had transport available to get you to the airport at any time for 300 pesos (allow for traffic in Manila, unless it's a Sunday I discovered!)

Rooms were comfortable and clean. It was quite noisy but then you're very close to an airport and on a busy road. I would stay there again. It was good for the price.

Date of stay: August 2017