“Beautiful property and standout staff”

Alam Asmara Dive Resort
Ranked #4 of 19 Candidasa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2015

My family spent 6 nights at Alam Asmara and enjoyed every minute. Why choose this property over others in Candidasa? Many of the reviews have commented on the beautiful physical design of this property with the greenery, fish ponds and lovely individual bungalows and I agree that the design is gorgeous, peaceful and helps this property stand out. We had two rooms and both locations were private and quiet. In addition, the excellent staff at Alam Asmara make sure that you have a fantastic stay. Because the hotel is small the staff get to know you and provide personalised service. They can organize any tours or activities even at quite short notice and they make great suggestions of things to do. We did the Rendezvous restaurant cooking class and I would highly recommend that as something to do early in your stay. It is lots of fun, the food you make is fantastic and it gives you some understanding of the delicious Balinese food you will be fortunate enough to eat at the restaurant. We also did some day trips including a trip to Amed and the water palaces, and a boat trip to snorkel and go fishing with Ketut, one of the local fisherman. But you must also save some time just to enjoy the view from Alam Asmara and have a swim in the pool and the ocean out the front. Thanks to the management and staff at Alam Asmara for a wonderful stay. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and serviced twice a day with extra touches.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank tiel

Reviewed 7 June 2015

I stayed at Alam Asmara just for one night, which was a shame as I would have liked to have stayed longer. I will definitely return for longer next time. The staff were so friendly and welcoming, I cannot say enough nice things about them! The room was lovely and the grounds of the hotel were so pretty. I am really looking forward to going back again!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank MichelleGaze
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Alam Asmara is the place we enjoyed most on our trip to Bali. We have never stayed in Candi Dasa before in all our years of going to Bali and Lombok, boy what a mistake.!
Apart from the nicest staff members and such caring service, the meals were possibly the most consistently good food we have ever come across having such a wonderful balance of flavours and the portions were just right. Really delicious.
The resort also was so tranquil and relaxing. There is no beach in the front but really not necessary. You can lie by the pool and if you feel like a boat ride, there are steps down to waiting local boats only too keen to take you somewhere to dive or snorkel or just swim.
The rooms aren't huge but so well designed like the whole resort which is also not huge, that you have a feeling of space and comfort where nothing is overlooked for your stay. Open air bathrooms, very comfortable beds and efficient air conditioning, a little front verandah to have you afternoon tea on surrounded by fish ponds and very friendly large goldfish, what am I missing if anything? I could not fault this Resort and can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same I think, no views but really comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

Alam Asmara Dive Resort : what a gorgeous place to stay. We were greeted by the beautiful staff and led down a path, each side water with fish and strategically placed plants to give privacy to the villas. A small resort with only 12 rooms but how beautiful it is. The room was tastefully decorated and I really appreciated the Insect nets over he beds as I seem to be a bit of a delicacy for all sorts of bugs. There was no trouble here however. The outdoor private bathroom was lovely and we both enjoyed it very much. I would love one at home but I don't think it would have same appeal in Winter in Victoria! The pool was a decent size comparing to other resort pools. Just lovely for a swim and relax. The included breakfast at the Rendeavouz Reataurant was quite varied and very nice. You placed an order the night before but no problem if you forgot. The staff were very helpful and we enjoyed talking to them as many love to practice their English.
I spent a blissful 2 hours at the spa which was very relaxing professional and clean.
An ideal romantic place for couples, I really loved this place. The highlight of our accommodation while we stayed in Bali. We will be back for sure.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed 21 April 2015

This is a beautiful resort on the east coast of Bali. We only spent one night here but loved every minute of it. The villas are lovely and surrounded by shallow ponds filled with fish. The food was superb - one of the best eating experiences we have had in Bali - both dinner and the complementary a la carte breakfast. The restaurant overlooks Badung Strait and we were treated to a wonderful 90 minute lightening display over dinner. Even the rain couldn't distract us from the view. We swam in the ocean in the morning with direct access from the hotel. Staff were helpful and attentive. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple