Temple Cafe & Seaside Cottages
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Dasa Wana Resort(Candidasa)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe cottagesbudget roomaustralian ladycandi dasasunset bungalowsstandard cottageby boat or carowner operatorhome basehighly recommend staying herebeach frontfixed pricesea viewwet roomwhite sand beachsound of the wavescomfortable stay
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We discovered Temple Café 4 years ago and loved it. Every year we go back to what we now call our little home base by the sea. For me, it is like going back to a "pension de famille". The staff are lovely and do their best to please.
I love the food too and now have my specials there - Shirley's specials - of eastern and western inspiration. I can order a lovely salad without any fear of a stomach upset. And I can never resist a " my" bowl of unequalled fruit salad.
Everything is a delight. The simple cottages. Being able to relax overlooking the sea.
We are now back home and wishing, as I write, that we could still be sitting there with a beer, playing with the friendly dogs, enjoying the seaview and one of Shirley's beef parmigianos or chicken curries. We hope to get back soon. We shall arrange to be picked up at the airport by their driver (as we did in February after our visa run to Malaysia) and cut out all the hassle of trying to get to busy Seminiak. So long, Candi Dasa

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
balihoney, Owner at Temple Cafe & Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for your great review and I think you got it just how it was. The dogs miss you both and some sad news Whoopie died a few weeks ago but today Ayu brought me another lost soul on deaths door a tiny little thing but so cute in it's ugliness she will steal your heart away just as Whoopie did. Nearly finished building new laundry, staff room and storage room out back and new vege etc garden. So new stuff when you get back I'm always up to something. Cheers Shirley.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We stayed in one of the cottages facing the water and islands. Had a lovely stay the owner Shirley was always available and her staff Angie and others were great also.
They were friendly and very efficient.
We had most of our meals, drinks and snacks there, mainly under their newly constructed sitting area facing the water.
The accommodation doesn't have a pool, but those facilities are available at the hotel across the road.
The air conditioning in our room was spot on, The meals were wholesome and their menu was was quite large with something that would suit everyone.
The reception will advise and book tours as well.
Certainly worth a stay, would strongly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John G
balihoney, Owner at Temple Cafe & Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thank you for you nice review. It was a pleasure having you and your lovely wife stay with us loved your sense of humor. We are happy guests are enjoying our new dinning area by the sea with our new bale. Cheers Shirley

Reviewed 31 January 2018

If you are looking for a Balinese experience, this place is ideal, thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Its not 5 star but it is cheap, most of all very clean and with its own restaurant/café it was so convenient. the staff can speak English as well so no frustrations trying to converse.

Room Tip: No aircon which suited me well, but the room is airy so no need for one.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
balihoney, Owner at Temple Cafe & Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for your positive review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Cheers Shirley

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Went here in last minute booking, due to the sudden urge to have a holiday. The cottage is nice, it was clean and neat, a mixture of modern touch and traditional style. Located in the seaside area, this cottage has its own beach area where you can spend the time relaxing on the pool chair with coconut tree nearby, so beachie! You also can order food from the cafe and ask them to bring it to your room/seaside.

The area was clean. The staffs were very friendly. The owner, I believe, was nice and very welcoming. I had the most intention to come back here again soon to enjoy my own me-time.

However, I must give this cottage some little critics about the cafe.
The prices were so-so. It's pricey compared to other regular restaurants nearby but take a note that you are in a seaside cottage, the price including the view and atmosphere you enjoy must.

Meals took a long time to be ready. Ordered a coffee and the food was delivered when I already finished my coffee (doing it while texting so it took longer time already).
When ordering mango juice at night, the mango was BEST. so tasty, so fresh. But I didn't finish it off because I felt (and held and spit) a lot of small plastic thingy at the bottom of the juice, perhaps it was from the ice and accidentally got blended. Looks like it was because of a clumsy staff at night because when I ordered banana juice the next morning, I had no issue with that kind of thing anymore.

If it wasn't the mango juice, I would like to give 5 star without thinking twice! :)

Room Tip: Nearest from the beach. You'll love it!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
balihoney, Owner at Temple Cafe & Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for your informative review regarding my staff it helps me to rectify and improve things. You may be correct when they crushed the ice didn't pay enough attention to the plastic bag. Slow service is maybe due to the fact that we are on skeleton staff for the moment due to large downturn in tourism but hope recovery is on the way and have reminded my staff of the importance of good service. Cheers Shirley

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We had 4 nights there and all rooms were very comfortable and many had great sea views....dawn n dusk was beautiful. Shirley and her staff were always very helpful and provided great food and service.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
balihoney, Owner at Temple Cafe & Seaside Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Cheers Shirley