We visited Nilaya - to check out the place and to have a drink. We were 8 adults and 4 kids. I called ahead to confirm our time of visit (bar shuts at 10 pm they said) and whether they are ok with kids.
The place is gorgeous! They have 11 rooms only and always full. As we were being shown around, the owner - Hari Ajwani - came over to us and asked us to leave. He was quote drunk and said this was not the time to come and that he was not running a kindergarten! We kept trying to tell him that we had specifically called ahead to confirm are arrival time and that we were travelling with kids.
I really dont have an issue with hotels etc not catering to kids but I dont understand why they did not clarify that upfront. And of course nothing gives an owner the right to abuse and humiliate people especially since he is in the hospitality industry.
We gathered that this hotel caters to white people and celebrities. IF you are none of the above, then DO NOT VISIT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nilaya Hermitage is located on the hill tops of Arpora, North Goa with a stunning view of the Arabian Sea and the Arpora Valley. The 33 meter swimming pool rises out like a blue lagoon amongst an award winning Moorish architecture. The Boutique resort naturally blends into the landscaped gardens and the surrounding forest that gives a surreal effect of being away in a different world where quietness is what you breath. The food is predominantly continental and is prepared lovingly by our master chef with more than 15 years of hosting the discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Nilaya Hermitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nilaya Hermitage Arpora
- Nilaya Hermitage Hotel Arpora
- Nilaya Hermitage Goa/Arpora