Devon Valley Hotel(Stellenbosch)
bedfinder
US$122
US$104
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

US$133
Bonne Esperance(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$71
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
  • Pool
US$127
US$124
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Lovane Boutique Wine Estate and Guest House(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$96
Majeka House(Stellenbosch)
US$179
US$143
Agoda.com
All reviewsdorp streetboy racersduplex styleplatinum elite membertwo storeyfor making our stay so specialquaint hotelbobotiesleeper couchclose to townstaff was very friendly and helpfuldeluxe roomswedding weekendlounge areabed was very comfortablethe main hoteleasy access
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Was not sure what to expect but the hotel was great. stayed one night only and on business. room was larger than I expected, very clean and had all the amenities that I needed. bed was comfortable with quality linen. great shower as well. Front desk staff were very helpful (as I had an issue with my Marriotts rewards card which they sorted out). Parking guard was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was a little disappointing. fair selection for breakfast but poor service. staff were not attentive at all and grudgingly served you. hot buffet items were also cold. if I had had the time and was on holiday I would have complained.. but alas I had meetings to attend.

otherwise a good stay. rooms were very good.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank D H
PHDorpshuis, General Manager at Protea Hotel Stellenbosch Dorpshuis & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear D H
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent visit to Protea Hotel by Marriott Dorpshuis & Spa. We are delighted to hear our front office Team assisted you well and you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am however very disappointed about your breakfast experience, and would like to apologise. I can ensure you this is not the normal standard of service we so proud on offering.
I truly hope to welcome you back to our hotel whenever your travel brings you back to Stellenbosch, maybe a little longer this time.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is small and quaint. However the food served here is absolutely terrible. If there were negative number on the ratings score I would rate them a -10. I'm completely confused how the kitchen staff confidently serve such food to customers. Appalling. Truly !!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Neo M
PHDorpshuis, General Manager at Protea Hotel Stellenbosch Dorpshuis & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Neo M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience in our restaurant at Protea Hotel Dorpshuis & Spa.
I would be happy if you could contact me to discuss your review.
Look forward hearing from you!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We stopped in here for lunch, during an Atlantic Rail Tour. Great place, friendly staff, great service, especially from a lady called Petronella (hope I have spelt her name right) in the restaurant. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
PHDorpshuis, General Manager at Protea Hotel Stellenbosch Dorpshuis & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear malc1005
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent visit to our restaurant at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dorpshuis & Spa. We are delighted to hear that the STAFF were so friendly and efficient and that you enjoyed your visit.
We look forward welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

This is my second stay in this hotel. The first was in room 3 next to the kitchen. From very early in the morning I was disturbed by the noises and the smell coming from there. While the breakfast itself was the normal high quality of Protea hotels, it didn't make up for the room experience.

This time around I was booked into a deluxe loft room and boy was it amazing. As big as a small house with an amazing bathroom, it gave me a total different experience of the hotel as a whole.

Room Tip: Do not take a room inside that is close to the dining hall or kitchen.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Ronald K
PHDorpshuis, General Manager at Protea Hotel Stellenbosch Dorpshuis & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear Ronald K
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Dorpshuis & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at our hotel in the delux loft apartment. We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel whenever your travels brings you back to Stellenbosch.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Clean and hospitable. Upstairs loft spacious but a little uneasy for a tall person. Air conditioning quiet and cool. Breakfast good and plentiful. Enjoyed my one night here.

10 minute walk to town center and restaurants. 5 minutes to nice selection of restaurants on Dorp Street.

Feels old but quaint. Good place.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim W
PHDorpshuis, General Manager at Protea Hotel Stellenbosch Dorpshuis & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear Tim W
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch Dorpshuis & Spa.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcome you back to experience our 84 m2 deluxe loft apartments.