“Excellent food, great service + views.”

Mont Marie Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 266 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the lap of casual luxury, Mont Marie offers a unique food, wine and family experience in a spectacular country setting in the heart of the Blaauwklippen Valley. Using only the freshest ingredients, Chef Pieter Vlok adds authentic flavours to a variety of mouth-watering dishes, full of South African personality.
Reviewed 15 September 2017

A lazy Sunday afternoon spent with out-of-town friends a few weeks ago. Truly memorable and will return.
Great views on the deck overlooking the duck pond and scenic mountains.
Very good and attentive service. Highlights were definitely the pork belly - next time this is MINE! (my Precious...).
I enjoyed the sirloin and kids burgers and pizza with no complaints.
DO order the Klein Dasbosch Malbec!!! Yurrr....!!! Lekka!

1  Thank Clint W

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have accompanied two friends to Mont Marie. We did not make a reservation as we were not sure what to expect. Mont Marie has a fantastic atmosphere and view.

The "light lunch" menu is fairly limited, but the food was of exceeding quality. It is also well priced! However, if you are looking for a more comprehensive menu - the lunch menu (available from 12:00 onwards) is sometimes for which I will return.

We were fortunate enough to be given a table, but it's probably best to phone and make a reservation!

1  Thank WGreyvenstein
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had a large party with kids at this restaurant for lunch. The staff is super flexible and accommodating for such a big group. I truly think everything on the menu is terrific here, I would definitely make it a point to sit outside on a nice day.

1  Thank lltman
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The title says it all, they try hard with the food but it doesn't reach the level of fine dining. Nothing wrong with the venue though, and very friendly service even with small children at dinner time.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Once apon a time in a land far, far away.... okay I am over reacting, Stellenbosch is not that far, us Cape Townians are just spoiled, because we don't have to travel too far to have a wonderful time. Do even Though the drive was about an hour from the Southern Suburbs, my wonderful partner, let's me know at about 11am that he needs to watch an important game at 12 lunch time and I had made a booking for 1 pm. Needless to say that because of that, we were only able to get to the restaurant just after 3pm! Obviously I let them know, I am not that awful, but I felt so bad, because they had kept the kitchen open for us, even though it closes at 3 for lunch (so that they can start prepping for supper). Yet, they kept it open for us. Customer service at its finest and it's not like they had to, because this place was vibrant, with tables filled with families enjoying the view of the mountains, with children playing on the cool jungle gym and chasing ducks into the dam right in front of us. Picture perfect and yet also intimate for couples wanting to enjoy a day out. They also do wine tasting and the owner gets involved in the kitchen as well. It helps to have an owner who is also an epic chef. Yet, he is so humble and sends our foodie compliments to his staff, who he says are the ones who make his meal offerings come to life. From starters El desserts, we savoured them all. I had the creamy cauliflower soup, which tasted like more and more, however, I couldn't be a glutton and ask for more, because I knew j had a line fish mains to get through as well and I am glad I resisted the urge, because even though I am not much of a line fish lover, this one was done to perfection and the seafood risotto that accompanied the fish was heaven! I also tried my first ever coffee souffle, which was yummy too.

I loved our time at Mont Marie. I call places like this, the secret garden, because I had to search to find you and I am glad I did. Easy to google map though!!!

1  Thank Tamsyn B