All reviews exercise bike private pool one night central garden garden route cango caves wonderful hotel rose garden staff were all very helpful guest rooms are course menu cold buffet a pre dinner drink small gym on arrival booked dinner travel agent
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at Rosenhof for 2x nights last weekend and booked Suite #2. We were absolutely blown away by the fantastic accommodation, wonderful attention-to-detail, fabulous service from very well-trained staff and the magnificent food. Nothing is too much trouble - the way you are greeted as a guest as you drive into the property and how the staff interacts with you from then on is simply world-class. We absolutely loved our stay there and we spent so much chilled, quality time in our suite - beautiful weather while we enjoyed our own swimming pool was amazing and we ordered both a lunch and dinner in our suite while we stayed there and were very impressed. We also ate dinner in the restaurant on the one night and really loved our experience and the quality of food. I would definitely recommend this as one of the best places we have ever stayed and we travel a huge amount.

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite #2 - fabulous!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A delightful and comfortable hotel in Oudsthoorn. We will definitely return and appreciated the eagerness to please by the whole staff. Definitely a recommended destination. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for sadly only one night with my family (3 kids 17, 14 &9). Had 2 adjacent rooms. What absolutely beautiful rooms with en-suite bathrooms. Large, spacious and seriously elegant. Didn't have dinner here (I recommend an early meal at Buffelsdrift Ranch and watch the sun go down on their terrace) but enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea and sandwiches in the gardens. Breakfast is served in a beautiful little conservatory or outside on the terrace. If the Rand is in your favour, this is a very good value hotel as you are getting 5 star luxury. Used their laundry service which was quick and efficient. You will need a car to get around as the hotel is not in walking distance of the town centre but I actually don't recommend you walk around! Didn't use their pool as it's not heated and it was freezing!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My childhood friend and I drove from Knysna to Oudtshoorn to see a different part of South Africa on our garden route tour. We are both American, but I have been living in South Africa for almost two years. Our experience at Rosenhof was amazing! I really wish we didn't have anything else on our itinerary to do during our stay, because I would have loved to have spent more time at this hotel! We were warmly greeted by the manager and showed to our room. As she knew we were two ladies traveling together, she put us in a beautiful, pink, etoile room with a flower bouquet that looked freshly picked from the gorgeous grounds.We had two full beds, and the our room was enormous! The bathroom was well-appointed with lovely products from Charlotte Rhys. Because we wanted to spend as much time as possible there, we reserved a table for dinner. The food from the five course menu was divine! I ate the carrot soup because it was so delicious - yet I hate carrots! The staff was wonderful and professional. I can't say enough nice things about our experience at Rosenhof. I do recommend staying more than one night if possible to truly enjoy your time there. Breakfast was five star as well!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We spent only one night here but would have stayed longer if we'd had the choice. Our room was not a room but a very well-appointed and spacious bungalow with a living room, bedroom, and bathroom suite (with exercise bike) and private small swimming pool. After a long drive up from Franschoek, a dip in the pool and a beer in the last of the sun and the quiet of the garden were just what we wanted. Dinner in a pleasant, traditional dining room was friendly and relaxed, with good food, though we could not eat it all. After an open-air breakfast in the main lodge garden the next morning, we were so relaxed we were reluctant to leave, but were still off early enough to see the Cango Caves, Swartberg Pass, and drive to Plettenburg.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple