Open today: 11:00 - 21:00
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Cape Point Vineyards Tasting Room
from US$51.50
More Info
All reviews sauvignon blanc food market noordhoek beach wine tasting community market cold meats pork belly cape point thursday night market watch the sun the atlantic ocean spoilt for choice cheese platter restaurant terrace wine estate soft shell crab whole family
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

A friend and I called in today on spec after 3 year away for me.

It has changed but for the better and the overall experience was 200% positive.

Wheelchair access is a delight - toilet facilities excellent - parking great and very near the restaurant entrance.

Although it was raining this in no way detracted from the atmosphere and our food was excellent and served promptly with a very pleasant attitude.

We felt in no way rushed or under pressure to vacate and I would recommend this vineyard to anyone visiting this area - Thursday evenings sees a market and what a location to have something to eat, drink (if not driving) and watch the sun go down.

In one sentence - A fantastic place to visit.

Gerry

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We celebrated our friend's birthday with some picnic platters and some delicious Cape Point vineyard wines. The setting is always amazing and the kids can run around and play soccer. The picnic spread was tasty and the platters of cheese and cold meat and breads went very well with the wine.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

This place I've been to a couple of times. It's winter now so the atmosphere of the place has changed somewhat. In the summer it seems quite casual with the options of picnic baskets (can prebook and picnic deli open. In Winter the food is more wholesome and indoorsy. I had the springbok and it was amazingly cooked. My friend has the rump steak and the presentation on both was top notch!! I love the wines from the farm as well. We had a SB and was light but potent. The way I like it. The waiter was so so lovely and chatty but not to the point of intrusive. Lovely views, cosy atmosphere. I'm not posh but word to the wise, people were smart casual dress (not hoody and jeans and trainers like I was wearing). That being said, not snobby, lovely fires with a few little kids dotted around the place so a family vibe going on as well. As I say second time I've been in different seasons and will go back again for both wine and food.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

When we arrived at the Vineyard, we were amazed with the stunning view. Excited to taste some wine we were directed to the wine tasting room. This is at the back of the restaurant in an outside tented area. It was chilly so we asked if we could move to the restuarant to sit in the sun and admire the view. We also had intentions to eat lunch.

We sat, had our first taster. Then when seeing the menu we decided against lunch as it is extremely expensive for the average local. A main meal is about R230.

So we decided to just have the wine. The waitress then asked us if we could pls move from the restaurant area as it is reserved for people who are eating, which is understandable if the restuarant is busy, but it was empty so i didnt find it necessary for her to move us.

We still wanted the view and the sun and asked to sit on the grass infront of the wine tasting area. We were told that if we wanted to sit there, we would get no service and would have to walk up to collect our tasters everytime. This was an awkward and unwelcoming experience.

The facilities are however clean and beautiful.

I would recommend that people go there with a prepared picnic basket and blanket and sit on the grass to enjoy the day with the stunning view.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We revisited this vineyard as our daughter was staying, and we wanted to show her the stunning view. It was too windy to eat at the deli so we took an unreserved table on the restaurant terrace and shared a bottle of Splattered Toad - such good value for a great wine - while Himself, the designated driver, enjoyed the house latte.
Food in the restaurant looks amazing but very high end and we had other plans for the rest of the day, but thoroughly enjoyed dropping in like this.