US$177
  • Pool
US$119
Pezula Hotel(Knysna)
US$144
Roseroc Guest House(Knysna)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$77
The Knysna Belle(Knysna)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
Hotels.com
The St. James of Knysna(Knysna)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$100
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$165
US$155
Priceline
Pine Lake Marina(Sedgefield)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$32
  • Pool
Falcons View Manor(Knysna)(Great Value!)
US$116
All reviewsfleeting visitstayed herelovely balconycouple of nightscomfortable bedstwo nightscape townwarm welcomeernestverandawaterfrontviewshosts
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my week stay at Yellowwood Lodge which was comfortable, homely and had a touch of historic charm to the building and decor. The breakfasts were delicious and lovely to eat while sitting on the porch smelling the sea air. The kind and sincere hospitality of Ernest was greatly appreciated as was his thoughtfulness. A lovely historic establishment as a gem in Knysna.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2017

For those who love the vintage look and experience, this is the place for you.
But for those who travel a lot, I would recommend that you keep searching.
The people were nice there, you will not be unnecessarily bothered at all.
The place is conveniently close to pretty much everything but away from the hustle of the town. The best thing about our room was the view.
Would I wanna stay there again? No!
Just a personal preference, otherwise I understand that there are people who would enjoy staying there, I'm just not one of them.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank PMosiane
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

My hubby and I are on a road trip of South Africa and we have stayed in tiny guest houses, boutique hotels, b&bs but have also traveled the world, never in my life have I met a nut case than the owner of yellow wood lodge.

Never mind the owner the rooms are truly awful the linen is disgusting, white gone brown with stains over the years, the bed springs are popping through, it is so old, oh my God the bathroom (yuck) but besides this...

We arrived after a long day on the road the own car park completely empty, the lodge completely empty (now I know why) we were shown our room after a grunt of a reply when I asked the owner if he was busy (already I thought a rude man) this was nothing...

We get our room it is in full sun, old, boiling hot (after getting our luggage up tons of steps) owner is walking away from us and my husband asks me to ask him if he has air conditioned rooms which I do... The owner goes nuts screaming at me... For what you paid what do you expect..on and on I was so taken back...

I retreat into our room it is boiling hot, I look at the bed and first thought was oh my God disgusting, the pillow is so old, lumpy and dirty so I go pillow in hand to the office.... As I enter the main house the owner starts screaming at me... He is going ballistic saying "you will not stay here as long as I am the owner" "who do you think you are" I say "sir will you calm down" he continues screaming that my husband heard this and rushes from the awful room to the office... He becomes abusive and my husband points at him to treat him with respect and he threatened to call the police, my husband said go ahead but owner retreated.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE...IT IS AWFUL AND OWNER IS SCARY! This German owner should get out of hospitality because as South Africans we do not want him representing tourism in any way.

We were left with no accommodation on New year's weekend... But see my review on Premier Suites hotel that really know the meaning of hospitality.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellehi
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Overall a lovely old house from the outside in a convenient part of town. Lovely deck to have breakfast on...but...

Everything inside is very old, tired and very used.

Any elderly people or anyone with a case will have a difficulty getting up the stairs. The pillows are old and very lumpy, a spring in the bed stuck into you, there's no air con, the sheets are very well used and on their last legs.

Both fittings and plumbing in the shower over the bath are loose and getting in and out isn't very easy as there's nothing to hold onto.

The room and bathroom could also be a lot cleaner and is definitely not up to standard currently. Also honesty bar glasses in the lounge are more dirty than clean.

We were in room number 2, we also had a second room of which curtains fell down in both

Frankly just not value for money, and needs some serious tlc and attention. Very disappointing.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Leigh W
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Sadly Yellowwood lodge didn't live up to our expectations. We arrived at this grand old house but the owner tried to be friendly but came across as aloof. We were taken up a very steep flight of stairs to a dark musty passage and to our room which had an amazing view of the Heads and the Lagoon. The linen was thread bear and the mattress was past it. We had breakfast on the stoop surrounding the house which overlooked a stunning garden. Sadly not one I would go back too.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family