All reviews paradise suite guest house garden route amazing views knysna lagoon place to stay the main house an amazing place warm welcome rooms are spacious boutique hotel spent two nights wonderful hosts feel at home wonderful stay stayed longer mark
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We had the best time snuggling up in the "Paradise" suite, which has a spectacular view of the bay below (reminds me of Bodega Bay in N.California).
The staff at the house is warm and gracious, and whipped up one of the tastiest omelettes I've ever had. Mark was the host with the most, graciously guiding us on our action packed itinerary.
In Knysna we visited the elephants, the monkey sanctuary, went zip lining,and had one of the best times mountain biking through the woods, where the path led us to an open cliff's edge that overlooks the most awesome, breathtaking view of the ocean. We followed that day up with massages back at the house, Aw, writing this makes me miss South Africa- I want to go back now!!!

Room Tip: I hear the Paradise room is the best one :)
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Kanonkop88, Manager at Kanonkop Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Dear dessertdaling
Many thanks for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed the cosy spot at Kanonkop House. The activities you did sound wonderful and glad you managed to see and do so much. And to end off a wonderful day with massages at the house is a great way to spend a honeymoon! I hope you get the opportunity to come back to South Africa and enjoy some more time in Knysna. Warm regards, Liesl, Mark and the Kanonkop house team.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Fantastic views from our suite. On our arrival Numsi made us so welcome as did Gibson. Liesl was also very friendly and welcoming when we met her later. The accommodation is lovely as is the food. A fantastic place to stay and we hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear ChesterHall123
Many thanks for the wonderful review. We are pleased our staff made such an impression and that they were welcoming. We really pride ourselves in having the personal touches that really ensure you have a wonderful stay. I do hope you will visit us again. Warm regards, Liesl, Mark and the Kanonkop House Team

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Kanonkop Guest House, is high on a hill side and gives wonderful views over the lagoon. Welcomed by Liesl, Numsi, Gibson and the team. Numsi, made us feel so welcome with a big hug. I felt I'd always known her. Liesl is such a fabulous person, showing us all that the house and nearby attractions had to offer. We stayed in the Selwyn Suite, which was amazing and huge. Patio doors overlooking the hillside down to the lagoon and beyond. Beautifully furnished and equipped. So glad we were staying 4 nights here on our Garden Route road trip. Breakfast was cooked by Numsi and was delicious. Nothing was too much trouble when it came to food! Liesl would come and speak to us to ask if we needed suggestions for dinner or help with with any dinner reservations. Advising on places we wanted to visit and explore. My husband wanted to play golf and with no problem Liesl organised for him to play at Pezula Golf Club. It was very sad when we had to leave. Knysna is a special place to us.

Room Tip: I,m sure all the rooms would be excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Kanonkop88, Manager at Kanonkop Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear PBJMB
Wow! This is an amazing review. Thank you so much. I am so glad that you had such a special stay with us. Our staff are really like family and so are our guests. We have corporate rates with both Simola and Pezula golf courses, so there is no problem for us to book any one of these fabulous courses. Many thanks and we do hope that you will visit us again. Warm regards, Liesl, Mark and the Kanonkop House Team. I will send Numsi your regards too :)

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We only stayed one night but in our short time at Kanonkop we were made to feel welcome and well looked after. Liesl recommended and booked a taxi and a table at The Olive Tree restaurant which was a great choice and a we had a lovely meal. We had a super breakfast with an amazing view whilst chatting to the owner, Mark. All in all, a great place to stay in Knysna. We would like to revisit and stay longer next time.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Kanonkop88, Manager at Kanonkop Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Dear Vicky B
Many thanks for the wonderful review. I do remember your stay was short, but that means you will need to come back and visit again soon. The Olive Tree is a wonderful restaurant and am pleased you enjoyed it. It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and hope to see you soon.
Warm regards, Liesl, Mark & the Kanonkop house Team

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Kanonkop House is a fantastic time to spend one's holiday. Friendly service, great rooms, super location and good value for money. The hosts know a great deal about the area and restaurants are not far away.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Kanonkop88, Manager at Kanonkop Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Dear Yonkana
Many thanks for the wonderful review. It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us. I am glad that you got to enjoy our knowledge of the area and restaurants. We enjoy letting our guests know of things to do in the area and recommend places that we know are enjoyable. We hope to hear from you again soon. Warm regards, Liesl, Mark and the Kanonkop House Team