All reviews no hesitation in staying here again garden route walking distance the hotel staff comfortable place to stay air conditioning close proximity cleaning staff night stay breakfast buffet clean rooms pleasant stay establishment
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Great reception, great accommodation and great service. Since our arrival we felt at home. It was like visiting family. Booking in was done proffesional and the personnel on duty explained everything in detail. They recommended places to visit and where to eat. Thank you for make us feel at home away from home. Will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JacoU4
PHO_GM, General Manager at Protea Hotel George Outeniqua, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Jaco U, Thank you for taking the time to place your review on TripAdvisor. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests. Your positive feedback will definitely be shared with our TEAM. We hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you to George. Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 night stay at the Protea Hotel George Outeniqua. The hotel is centrally located on the main road of George which I thought may mean noise from the road but was very pleasantly surprised that there was absolutely no traffic noise at all in my room and had a good, undisturbed sleep on all 3 nights. The rooms are not big, but what one would expect in a hotel of this class. The bedroom & bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable.

The hotels breakfast was fresh and tasty with a decent selection of hot, cold and baked treats. The hot chocolate that I had on one of the mornings was delicious! The hotel does not serve lunch or dinner but this is not an issue as there are 4 restaurants literally across the road, a very short walk away. We enjoyed a particularly good meal at the Italian restaurant on our last night in the area.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and ready to go out of their way to ensure that our stay at the hotel was as comfortable and happy as possible. They succeeded with Alfred in particular going the extra mile to please. We will definitely be back next time we have work to do in the George area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
PHO_GM, General Manager at Protea Hotel George Outeniqua, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Anthony G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on our hotel. Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company’s core values, “good service at a fair price.” Look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Nice Location clean Rooms very friendly staff location is great your in walking distance to restaurants and bars . Buffet Breakfast is very good , Parking available , it’s ideal for a stop over when doing the Garden Route

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank PuppypowerT
PHO_GM, General Manager at Protea Hotel George Outeniqua, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear PuppypowerT, thank you for giving us such a great score. Our location and staff service is a major reason most of our guests return. Hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2018

It's not a 5 stars nor does it try to be but I give 5 stars for the staff alone.Throughout my stay all the staff I came across were friendly and most charming. If I find myself in George again I will have no hesitation in staying here again.It is a good, clean and comfortable place to stay with secure parking available in the hotel grounds.Nearby restaurants were conveniently situated as there is no dinner service.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank samanplant
PHO_GM, General Manager at Protea Hotel George Outeniqua, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear samanplant,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Our TEAM is definitely our biggest asset and with a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I was forced to stay in George for 2 weeks as my wife was in a nearby hospital. After some early misgivings I very quickly warmed to this place. It's not a 5 stars nor does it try to be but I give 5 stars for the staff alone. Yes the rooms are a little small and dark and the ambience some what dated but the bed is large and comfortable and the facilities serviceable. Throughout my stay all the staff I came across were friendly and most charming, special mention to Alfred on the front desk but I also enjoyed my daily chats with the breakfast and kitchen staff. If I find myself in George again I will have no hesitation in staying here again. Excellent value.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
PHO_GM, General Manager at Protea Hotel George Outeniqua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Tim B, Thank you for taking the time to place your review on TripAdvisor. We certainly are fortunate with our location which makes it easy for our GUESTS. Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company’s core values, “good service at a fair price.” We hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you to George. Yours sincerely,