“Quite nice local restaurant”
Review of Wang Thai - CLOSED

Wang Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Thai, Taiwanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 January 2015

We went twice to this restaurant and found the food pretty good. Try the Honey Chicken main course, for us it was the best. There is a very good choice of starters and main courses.. They also do Sushi

Reviewed 5 January 2015

I LOVED the green curry, I ordered it mild, (might still be a bit strong for some) but it was the best I have ever had.
My husband had Butternut Thai Curry, he can handle the hot stuff!! But that was Tiawanese hot. We had to order some extra rice but he loved it and will definitely try it again (but maybe the Western hot... hahaha)

My 6yr old is a sushi fiend and believe it or not pretty fussy about good sushi (she wont eat sushi at ocean basket with out some complaint) she really enjoyed her sushi, prices for platters were average priced.

The manager was very friendly. It was a beautiful sunny day and most people sat outside, we had just come from a boat trip in Hout Bay so we had enough of the sunshine for the moment. The inside has no windows and seems to be a basement. It was decorated in a very Indonesian style, the restaurant was busy outside and the inside was practically empty. I can imagine on a wet day when the inside is busy it could feel a bit stifling. Over all lovely place, will go again, food was brilliant and I walked away feeling spoilt and of course had left overs :)

1  Thank WarriorBunny
Reviewed 4 January 2015

Being a skeptic about Thai food, when my daughter suggested dinner at Wang Thai, I did't know what to expect! OMG! What an experience! Our waiter explained and suggested some of the dishes,, we all had different meals and they were all to die for. Well done!,

Reviewed 13 December 2014

The food was excellent and if you do not have a problem with dust or poor air quality then this is the place to be. Loved the unique flavours and fresh crunchy ingredients. The service was above average and i liked the welcome feel and well trained staff. The dessert menus were slow to arrive but he waitress was really trying her best to please us and follow the obvious training. Desserts were below average.

1  Thank GrantH490
Reviewed 14 November 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the restaurant on a wet evening. The restaurant was fairy busy and we were seated at our table. Unfortunately I can not review the restaurant as we were not served. The manager and his wife were running around like headless chickens and the waiting staff ignored us completely choosing to serve customers who were seated after us. We left the restaurant. They will definitely not see us again.