“Fabulous dining experience”

Bouchon Wine Bar & Bistro
Ranked #129 of 1,196 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Reviewed 15 February 2017

We just loved this Bistro from the moment we walked in. It is spacious, yet cosy & service very friendly. We started off with an assortment of fine Gins from the trolley & then tasted a beautiful wine, Paradyskloof unwooded Chardonnay. The menu has lots of interesting tapas style meals which I would say are starter portions. I ordered the risotto, which was amazing & the duck breast. This was enough food for me. Others ordered the gnocchi, which was very fine & so tasty, the ribs were delicious as was the pork belly. Order two portions of what you fancy & you can always order more if still hungry. Will definitely return here to taste more fine food when next in Cape Town.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Went there the other night and had (so far) the best meal in CT. Various tapas starters. With tapas, the question is always, how many do I need. The charming waitress recommended two which was quite correct. Amongst those we ate were mushroom gnocchi, seared duck breast, chickens livers with bacon on bruschetta. My son-in-law had a plate of large prawns, and, to be honest,I was salivating at the smell. For dessert,I had some sort of hazelnut fondant with ice cream. Unfortunately,I had to share it with my grandson and we both loved every mouthful. I had a glass of port with this, and here comes the kicker. The owner/manager (?) came over and said I'd received too little by mistake, whereupon he proceeded to fill it "properly".
Long and the short of it,a GREAT evening and my wife and I will definitely be back before we leave.
THANKS

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Great service amazing tapas style menu that really doesn't disappoint!!! Surely the best gnocchi in the west! And we are regular Italy travelers!! Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We ate at Bouchon on our recent visit to Cape Town. It is very centrally located on Heritage Square.
It is very cosy inside and the far end of the restaurant is actually the cellar for Dorrance wines. The food here is tapas with a couple of main course dishes. Everything we had was very good but the pork belly and calamari were stand out dishes.
They have an excellent wine list, with mostly boutique producers and an excellent selection by the glass.
Service was very efficient and friendly. Prices were reasonable.
Definitely somewhere to consider if you want a more casual dinner in Cape Town.
They are not open for dinner, except for Friday when they are open from 12pm (rather than 4pm)

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Try the gin trolley to start - wonderful selection and made up inn front of you.
Tapas style food - order a number of dishes to share.
There are vegetarian options -far fewer than the meat and somewhat limited hence rating of very good rather than excellent however they are tasty and I particularly enjoyed the potato gnocchi - even ordered a second plate to have as dessert. My meat eating friends thoroughly enjoyed everything they ordered.
Very attentive well - informed staff. Fun evening out. Worth a visit.