“Rico!”

The Creamery Cafe Newlands
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The Creamery Cafe serves natural, locally sourced, handmade ice cream. Famous for our ice cream, our customers also love our fresh waffles and coffees. We serve a range of toppings, such as toasted marshmallow cream and gingerbread biscuits, to go with your ice cream and waffles, and offer a seasonal dessert as well. Open until 11pm Tuesday to Sunday, the Cafe is the perfect stop for a sweet treat.
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

The ice cream here is awesome! Our favourite is the chocolate but the others are good too, we have tried most of them. Amazing waffles too. The place to go if you want good ice cream.

TheCreamery, Public Relations Manager at The Creamery Cafe Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hi Rico,

Thank you for the splendid review on our Newlands Cafe, I really appreciate the feedback you've sent through!
I agree and while we try to not play favourites, with the 65% Chocolate in the mix, it's hard not to!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Whilst in the area, and as a dessert, after a lunch elsewhere we decided to have an ice cream as a palate cleanser. There is a reasonable selection of flavours available. After having sat down with our cones we could concentrate on the experience. We found the texture somewhat course and "icy", and the flavours of what we had not that strong or well developed as we had been led to believe. Other vendors offer a much richer and smoother option, also our experiences in Europe and particularly Italy were much more satisfying, and at a better converted price.

TheCreamery, Public Relations Manager at The Creamery Cafe Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hi there,

I'm saddened to hear that the ice cream you had at our cafe was icy and not creamy in texture.

All of our ice creams should be rich in flavour with a smooth creamy texture. Our teams in both our kitchen and in our cafes are trained on how to check for any irregularities in our ice creams. Bottom line is you should never have gotten a scoop that was icy!
I'm sorry for your experience, it's clear that we dropped the ball on this one.
If you find the time, may I ask you to mail me on: hello@thecreamery.co.za with the day and rough time you visited our Newlands Cafe as well as the flavours you had.
This info can help us to find and test the batch of ice cream yours were scooped from, which is very helpful in figuring out what slipped through the cracks here. I'd also like to offer you a voucher in hopes that you might give us another chance to give you a better Creamery experience, on us.

I really appreciate your feedback, it's important to us to know how we can improve our service and maintain a delicious product.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I come here quite often, but it was the first time I had my waffle with the marshmallow topping - absolutely heavenly!!!
Great spot to come with friends and appease that sweet tooth!

TheCreamery, Public Relations Manager at The Creamery Cafe Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you Sibahle! Bringing you marshmallow goodness every day of the week :D

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Firstly the waffles are amazing and the flavours of ice creams are my favourite part. The vibe is so lively and recommend this place to everyone who wants to treat themselves

Thank you for the lovely recommendation Tash!
Happy to hear your enthusiasm about our flavours - I appreciate it because we love them too and work diligently to bring exciting and quality flavours to a scoop counter near you!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Had an enjoyable waffle. Friendly service. I will come back for another waffle or a banana split. A very enjoyable place to visit on a Sunday afternoon.

TheCreamery, Public Relations Manager at The Creamery Cafe Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi there,

Thanks for the great review!

I'd definitely suggest trying out the banana split if you haven't already. It's a Sundae Afternoon Delight! ;)