1,534 results
All reviews honesty bar kloof street table mountain pool and hot tub our honeymoon little touches honor bar mobile phone millers thumb home away from home south africa booking restaurants camps bay communal areas stay in cape town every evening restaurants and bars
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Highly recommended if you want comfort, character, location and tranquility in perfect combination. Carol, Jo and team have found exactly the right balance between offering chic accommodation and a home away from home, without being intrusive. They've thought of everything and it's the decor and the little touches (free port, wine recommendations, cake in the afternoon, notes on pillows) that make it special. The breakfasts are delicious too!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I arrived in Cape Town after two weeks camping in Namibia and I couldn't have picked a more perfect place to stay. I was the only guest for 3 nights and was treated like a queen. My room was beautiful with a balcony overlooking the pool and a view of Table Mountain, great bathroom and more amenities than I could dream of.
Location is very convenient to restaurants and sites. Before my arrival, they provided me with so much helpful information about day tours, airport transport etc.
I highly recommend Derwent House and plan on returning on my next trip to Cape Town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This was our first trip to Cape Town (indeed, to South Africa) and Derwent House was the perfect place to spend 3 nights. It is close to lots of great restaurants and shops, and Carol gave us excellent recommendations for eating and sightseeing. One day, my husband went shark diving (crazy), and Carol helped me plan the perfect day for myself at a huge farmer's market in Woodstock, gallery hopping, and then for a massage close by the hotel. Our room was a reasonable size, the bed was very comfortable, and we had both a bath and shower. But, it is the main areas of the hotel that really impress - Carol and Jo have picked out stunning paintings and sculptures from local artists and decorated the lounges in a modern but warm style. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 4, which was very nice. Even though it overlooked the street, it was not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The place is closed to Mountain top, 30 mins walk to downtown and 40 mins cab ride from airport. The service is outstanding, clean room, beautiful swimming pool and the best customer service. You will feel like 5 stars hotel. I'm highly recommended and will go back and stay if I go back to Cape town.

steve l.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank StevenTLee
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I’ve done quite a bit of traveling all over the world, and use Trip Advisor frequently to find unique and great places to stay. My recent trip to stay at this lovely property in Cape Town while I was there on business was more wonderful and relaxing than I could have imagined. Starting with the beautiful details throughout the guest house that show that pride of ownership, I knew this would be a special place to visit. The remodel is exquisite, giving you the feeling like you have have stepped into a sleek lounge but still complete with the creature comforts to make your stay all you want it to be and more. The location is also wonderful, being a short walk from shops, restaurants, etc, and a short hop to all the sites and lovely coastlines to wind down your day with a glass of wine and panoramic views. Besides the exceptional amenities and the great location, what also really set this guest house apart from other places I’ve stayed in are the owners. Carol and Jo are simply the best. From the amazing correspondence, to yummy brekky, stocked wine bar and snacks, or the fact that both of them just taking the time to see if I had a good day at work, I was so delighted to be there. They have also really taken care to preserve the natural surroundings and architecture of the house, while offering a completely unique experience for their guests. I can't say enough about our stay here - I can't wait to come back, it's definitely one of my happy places to visit - and soon to be yours too!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business