1,091 results
All reviews long street table mountain standard room the general manager enjoyed my stay bars and restaurants camps bay kloof street milkshakes waterfront executive laptop rand ct uber boutique
Reviewed 14 September 2015

ROOM LAYOUT : I would NOT be very comfortable staying again in a hotel like this. The rooms are NOT very well planned, impractical layout of the rooms with open washroom. They expect you to stay in an air-condition room and then start taking a hot water bath in the same chilled room.

HOUSE KEEPING : Basics were like places like where to keep a soap next to the wash basin , house keeping unable to provide bathroom slippers and housekeeping knocking doors at 6.00am ( my colleague had to go through this)

BREAKFAST : Decent Layout

Room tip: Too Small & Uncomfortable Rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Janneman B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Dear Guurprit

Thank you for staying with us and I apologize that the layout of the room was not explained to you prior to your arrival.

All the room in the hotel have an open plan shower layout to the bedroom. The superior rooms have a privacy curtain that can be closed.

I have noted your housekeeping concerns and we are sharing this with the TEAM.

I wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

The allure of the Fire and Ice unfortunately didn't meet up to expectations. Having stayed at the Melrose Arch (JHB) F&I, we expected a similar level of quality. Soon was tiny, even by Cape Town standards, and was in desperate need of some TLC. Wall plugs were literally dangling out on bare wires, desk area was worn out and damaged, blinds didn't close properly letting light in throughout the night, leaking shower, etc. Reception areas much better, as long as you enjoy throbbing music, and staff did try hard to be friendly. Many better options in the area at the price.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ParBar2

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. Please let me know next time you are in town so that we can find you a room that is more suitable to your needs and make sure everything works!

The hotel does have more 'vibe' to the music we play and our warm up sessions on Friday & Saturday evening is very popular.

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

This a good boutique hotel . Average breakfast . Not to much variety . The biggest drawback of this hotel are the bathrooms , there is no door for shower area in the bedroom . I mean not always honey mooners come here ! Location is excellent. It is very close to long street . Small and cozy pool. Had a few meals at the main Resturant forgot the name it was pretty good .

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. All the room have an open plan shower to the room and our superior rooms have a privacy curtain between the shower and bedroom.

The hotel has an excellent location to explore and experience Cape Town from and we look forward to welcome you back!

Travel Safely

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Beautifully designed hotel,very urban and contemporary.Its close to long street.A good place to visit any time of the year.My friend and I had an awesome time and the staff are very helpful.I would go back there any day.

Room tip: The views are not that bad...
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Tebogo167

Thank you for staying at the Fire & Ice! Cape Town. I am glad you had an awesome time with us and I do look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

We rented one of the lofts for the weekend, on arrival the kitchen sink was dirty with soap water that was used to clean. There is not enough hot water shower got cold after two people showering, second night wifi was not working. The cleaning staff didn't replace shower caps and shower gel. Overall it was an ok experience, nothing to write home about

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Lindokuhle M

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. I have spoken to our TEAM to pay more attention to the points you raised - thank you.

I look forward to welcome you back soon and share a weekend with us - there are few restaurants we would like to recommend!