We stayed here whilst working in cape town, which does mean you are always expecting slightly different things from a hotel. The basic rooms are very 'trendy' if a little compact. Basin in the room and shower too.
Nicely styled rooms with very dark corridors but the do no disturb lights are something I've always thought should exist in hotels!
The pool is very cosy but nice just for a dip and still a plus for a city centre hotel.
I would say the one big down side is the terribly slow service in the restaurant. On two or three occasions we were a table
Of only a Couple of tables but the service was painfully slow and slightly clumsy. Food was well presented and good but thy must sort out their waiting staff and the speed at which food is prepared. One lunch on our last day seemed to take forever to arrive, even after enquiring on several occasions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town Hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. This ultra-chic hotel is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and is a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature milkshakes and cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town