All reviews long street night life secure garage table mountain noisy at night a lot of noise light sleeper early hours central location corner room room was spotless bottled water special thanks breakfast room close proximity cooked breakfast amazing hotel
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice rooms - VERY BAD HOTEL MANAGER. For that, I'll never set my foot at that hotel.
The so called manager had the nerve to say to me I can go stay somewhere else if I don't like the hotel policies.
This is for questioning one of the hotel policies as it was a 1st to me.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Ratau M
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Fabulous, clean hotel with friendly staff.. special thanks to Coco and Tareq who made our stay! See you in 2 weeks!

This hotel is in the centre of all the action of Cape Town... if you want silence DON'T stay here. If you have a pulse (or want one) this is the place!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 642russf
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Very centrally located hotel with surprising big rooms. Service is efficient and breakfast is really good. All you need especially for business travel. Strongly recommended. Lots of restaurants & pubs in the neighborhood give you loads of eating & drinking options. A very lively place.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2018

We knew in advance that there was a loud bar across the street as we had read other reviews, but were still surprised to find out just how loud it was. We were on the 2nd floor directly facing the bar which I don't think helped - we arrived late at night and originally thought that the windows were open... nope. Thankfully the ear plugs that the hotel provided were fantastic and made the noise seem like it was down the street rather than directly in front of us. We stayed for 3 nights (including a Friday night which the music continues until 03h00-04h00). We were able to sleep, but I'm not sure everyone would be able to. Our 2nd floor king bed, mountain view room had neither a king bed, nor a view of the mountain - it didn't bother us in the end, but apparently higher floors give you at least better views. Breakfast is good, you could order both a cold and hot plate with generous portions. I was slightly disappointed that they changed the towels in the room given the current drought situation even though I had hung them up to be re-used. The room was clean, and the bathroom was huge and beautiful. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Overall, if you can sleep easily or you want to party on Long street than this is a great hotel for you and is conveniently located, just be aware that the reviews about the noise are really true. =)

Room tip: Higher floors apparently better for Mountain view
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaclyn94
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We stayed over for our anniversary. I found the hotel looking a little shoddy from the outside. The reception is small but functional, leading into the bar area that's well equipped and seemingly vibey. Our room was on the top floor, a corner room, facing Long street and Table Mountain. The room has magnificent views, chic and simple decor, is well kitted, and they took care to take plug from the bath, due to the drought (well done!). The only fault I have is that the rooms are not sound insulated. We had quite a bit of trouble sleeping and was only able to rest from about 2h30 in the morning, due to the noise down at street level.

Room tip: Top floor on the corner, facing the street and the mountain (views for days!)
Date of stay: December 2017