All reviews kloof street our honeymoon table mountain private courtyard hot water bottles double shower plunge pool great boutique this small boutique hotel luxury room breakfast room is within walking distance first stop three nights south africa lovely room each evening
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

OMG what can I say about this hotel. Everything about the hotel is just perfect. We stayed in room 1 which was breathtaking every touch was just perfect from the gorgeous fragrance you could smell when you opened the door to the weather report left on your bed for the following day with a chocolate and fresh bottle of water left on the bedside table. The beds were so comfortable. The breakfast was just perfect with excellent service from ALL of the staff who couldn’t do enough for us to ensure our stay was perfect. The hotel offered a shuttle service which was based on availability but we had no problem arranging a lift on the both nights we were there. Darren on reception was great at organising online bookings for table mountain unfortunately the weather was too windy so the cable cars were suspended but tickets are valid for one week and will give you a refund at the ticket office if tickets aren’t used. Lots of eating places around the hotel and there is a pub next door that offer good meals if you don’t want to travel far. We will definitely return to this hotel thanks so much!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tai5605
Reviewed 15 October 2017

A great base to explore Cape Town from. Small enough so the staff can really care about you. Just off Klopp Street, on a quite Street so no road noise. Breakfast had everything from fresh fruit, home made musli and cooked breakfasts that really set you up for a day of sight seeing. With a coffee maker and fire in the room at nigh, what’s not to love

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed at this charming friendly hotel for 4 nights after we had driven the Garden Route.
Situated in a nice area with loads of restaurants nearby in Kloof Street. The hotel had 24 hour security guards present.
We ate out on 4 nights and would highly recommend Kloof House and The Black Sheep restaurants. The food was fantastic and both had a lovely atmosphere.

The staff at the hotel were super helpful and friendly and made sure we enjoyed our stay. It was lovely having a ore-dinner drink in front of the open fire and chatting to other guests about their travels.
Breakfast was wonderful.
A perfect place to stay in Capetown

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights during our two weeks stay in South Africa.
It’s a beautiful boutique hotel just off of Kloof street.
I had booked a premium room, the first room we where shown was beautiful with a massive bathroom and nice outside terrace, but a little dark inside.
I asked if they had a brighter room and our luck was in as they showed us a first floor room which was lovely and light and still had a small terrace.
Drinks were served early evening in the drawing room(we never got back in time to enjoy this complimentary service) but we did get to use the honesty bar in the drawing room.

We managed to have one of our breakfasts outside in the garden terrace.
We never got to use the pool as the weather was too cold.

We had a lovely time here, everyone was super friendly.

Only a couple of niggles.
We were recommended a restaurant for dinner on our first evening that was closed and the other choice which I suggested, was also closed but the lady at reception did not seem to know this when I asked her opinion on my choice for dinner.

One other niggle and it reminds me of the saying of the late Michael Winner ( sometime food critic) who said I never give a food order unless the person writes it down.
Twice my breakfast order was incorrect when received and although lovely, I never during my 4 breakfasts here received my eggs done as requested.
It may seem a minor point but the main meal they serve is breakfast, and if they can’t get your preferences right then don’t offer a choice.

Anyway I digress, the room was beautiful, the staff super friendly, the hotel is well located.
Would I stay here again.
Yes, in heartbeat.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James A
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We spent 4 nights in August in a room at the end of the upstairs hall which was spacious, nicely decorated, but old. The windows didn't seal properly, they blew open one night in strong winds. We had to get the front desk staff up to close a bathroom window at 4am. The hotel offered nice touches, like hot water bottles in the bed at night, port and glasses in the room and a cozy fireplace and wine in the lobby each night. Staff were very accommodating and the breakfast was excellent. The location was good, the property was quiet. Upgrades to lights in the room and rubber grip mats in the shower would be appreciated. The bathroom tile floor is quite dangerous when wet.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple