“Coffee and cake”

Cafeen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Coffee and cake - cafe latte and lemon meringue were ordered and were acceptable in presentation and preparation. However when preparing garnish (some say garnish is not for eating! - but early season strawberries are tempting!) please do not cut the strawberries with the onion knife!!

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Our waitress wasn't fully competent. I paid R99.00 for a normal sandwich which had a chicken breast and some bacon and a wee bit of sauce. This was a club sandwich. With two slices of sour dough which was the only part worth a mention.i asked for very little tomato. Got two HUGE slices. My gf had salmon fish cake salad. Very mushy. We paid R274' for a meal that was sub standard. The milkshakes and smoothies are good. Thats it. I dont recommend them at all

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I used to live in Harfield Village and was a regular at Cafeen. I returned there this weekend (Sunday late breakfast) after 2 years living overseas and was hoping my fond memories would match reality. Luckily they still made my usual order (egg mayo and bacon on health bread) and it was still delicious. We had to wait a while for a table but it was worth it. Coffee was good too. I'd definitely recommend a visit here!

Reviewed 25 February 2016

We breakfasted recently and really not memorable. the so-called 'Breakfast Burger' was tough and inedible - a pity (don't even mind if its just a 'patty' brought in, but its got to be OK).

Reviewed 18 January 2016

This is a great place for lunch and tea. I usually have lunchtime sandwiches. These are excellent. The service is suburb. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The menu is very varied.