“More than average, but not the best ”

Ocean Basket V&A Waterfront
Ranked #358 of 1,257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Ocean Basket V&A Waterfront you'll find friendly people, a home-from-home feeling and great value for your hard-earned bucks.
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We went there afternoon. It was almost empty. Easily find a table at outside. Staff was friendly and answered all the question.
We tried their big plate for two people. It was mixed by all sea foods. It was tasty and cook well. I do recommend this place.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I ordered a Colorado grilled fish and developed Histamine toxicity reaction also known as scombroid poisoning, which is a form of food poisoning.
I went to the pharmacy and they referred me to a doctor, who treated me with several medications for over one hour until I was stable. So sad experience to start my vacation.
Please be aware that the fish in this store may not be handled properly. I hope they do something about it and nobody goes through what I went.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We were planning on having dinner at a fancy restaurant tonight, but as other business took us to the V & A Waterfront, and as two different individuals suggested this eatery, we decided to give it a try. We both ordered the 12-Shrimp Platter. My husband chose rice as his "side" dish, and I chose butternut squash and creamy spinach. It was all quite nice, albeit, a mall-type of food. Decent but not spectacular. Deserts looked good, but we were too full to try them. What really made the dinner great for us was our friendly and service-oriented waiter, Carlson. What a great guy! Kudos to this restaurant and to our lovely waiter!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Nice environment and good service. The pink lemonade was delicious, and the fish was good. The best part is the reasonable price.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

The food is standard OB, very good (except salad, probably, which was fairly mediocre and uninspiring). We also had a carafe of white house wine. I am not sure what that really was -- you do not see the bottle, but both my wife and I had nausea afterwards, despite not drinking much.

The waiters seem to be unnecessarily familiar and imposing, but that is common in Cape Town nowadays.