Review Highlights
Wonderful Experience

We had a lot of fun with Gavin who showed us around Cape Town in 2 days. He was passionate and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
HenryL2473
via mobile
Cape Paninsula Tour

Many thanks to Caren and her team for organising and arranging the private day tour to Cape of Good... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
mwo1971

All reviews peninsula tour south africa la petite ferme private tour table mountain wine country great guide cape town experience driver guide different wineries highly recommend this company full day tour boulders beach great trip cape point wine tour cable car
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We did an amazing day tour around Cape Town. Our guide was amazing and really customized the tour to our family. He happily took photos for us and was a wealth of knowledge. We never felt hurried and had a fabulous time.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We did the Cape Point and Penguins Tour with PG Tops and had a lovely day despite not having great weather. It was just us and our guide who taught us a lot about the history, animals and more about the area. We stopped at Boulders Beach, a couple places at Cape Point and briefly at an ostrich farm. Everything went quite smoothly because our guide was able to adapt the route with a couple of unforeseen circumstances like bad weather in the morning and a road closure in the afternoon. The tour was expensive but very high quality. I would definitely recommend PG Tops if you are looking for a top notch tour.

PGTOPS, Owner at PG Tops Travel and Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thanks for your great review. The weather remains our biggest challenge (along with lines over high season) - which is why we like to do multiple days with our clients, so we can change direction when required. Please come visit us again!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Gavin is one of the best if not THE best tour guide I have had in my past 10 years of travel (to around 30 countries). Not only he is knowledgable and client-driven, he has demonstrated the highest quality of guiding and provided tailor-made tours to best suit clients’ interest and maximised flexibility and excitement of each part of the tour.

Although I haven’t been too much into wines, Gavin has been able to find a few cool places to do different types of tasting so I can still enjoy the winelands trip. He has also carefully selected departure time so that we have avoided queueing time and crowds in all the tourist spots we visited. Everyday he carefully designed the program so we could have a great combination of different activities. With my onward tours, Gavin went beyond and provided referrals in case I needed help.

I highly recommend Gavin. I will go back to Cape Town area and certainly have Gavin as my guide again in the future.

PGTOPS, Owner at PG Tops Travel and Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words. We love getting this kind of feedback on our guides, it validates the approach we take to recruiting the team!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We scheduled an all day private Winery Tour with PG Tops. Our guide was Jarred. Jarred is a top notch professional. He asked us what kind of wine we liked and picked out 3 excellent wineries for us to visit. The wineries were places that the average tourist would never find on their own. He was very knowledgeable about the Stellenbosch and Franschhoek area and provided us with a great amount of information on the history of South Africa. Even though our tour was scheduled to end at at 4:30 we didn’t get back until 5:30 because we were enjoying ourselves so much and Jarred was willing to work late for us. Look no further. This is the guy you want for your South African Winery Tour!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

After traveling for 3 weeks through Europe, Kenya and Livingstone my husband and I spent 4 wonderful days in Cape Town. Our fabulous guide Gavin spent 3 days showing us much of glorious Cape Town. From Table Mountain, Sea Point, Franschhoek, Stellenbosch, Kirstenbosch and my personal favorite Ernie Els Winery. Gavin read our minds, anticipated our needs and made us fall in love with Cape Town. He met us each day in the lobby our hotel and took it from there! We couldn't have been in better hands. We are now back in The USA and have told all our (jealous) friends PG Tops Travel will take the stress out of planning, reserving and praying that all goes well. From my initial contact with Khunji, to meeting Gavin, and ultimately falling in love with Cape Town, my husband and I are already planning our "Garden Route" return. Thank you all so much!! Go Gavin! Looking forward to seeing you again.
ps- I had done a lot of research prior to my trip..other tour companies just didn't "float my boat"..PG Tops delivered in a big and best way!