“Great Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2018

The menu was excellent and the fresh fish was first rate. Our service was excellent and our server made some excellent recommendations

HarbourHouseG, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour House - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Terence,

great news, we loved to hear that, thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Benjamin and the Harbour House Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,226)

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I stopped in for a late lunch and was treated like a Queen. I had excellent service from the hostess who seated me in a great spot for a single person with a great view. Then I had excellent service from my waiter David who brought me a sample of Tigers Milk lager to try. I went with that recommendation and also enjoyed the seafood pasta. Overall the food was so, so good and the service impeccable. Loved it!

HarbourHouseG, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour House - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Patty,

that is just wonderful to hear, thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We would love to serve you more delicious seafood again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

What a way to enjoy lunch, brunch or dinner. Fabulous views of the harbor and Table Top Mountain. The food is exquisite and the service was attentive. Something for everyone in a memorable atmosphere. Don't miss it.

HarbourHouseG, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour House - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Drgole,

lovely to hear such great feedback from you, thank you for sharing it with us and the Tripadvisor community.

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We sat outside and were accosted by a beggar who had somehow got through the security guys. Then covered in cigarette ash from above. My wife's steak was excellent and my Hake was OK. Wines good.

Dear John,

thank you for your feedback and your great rating. We are delighted that your wife's steak was to your liking. Let us look into improving our Hake dish even further...

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

It is a very real pity that we have a restaurant in South Africa that feels they have a right to unashamedly fleece customers of their hard earned cash. I also usually do not give bad ratings, but this restaurant deserves everything I have written below.

We took a group of international guests to the restaurant for dinner. Firstly, the menu itself (being a fish restaurant) does not have a single fish main course listed?? I had to ask the waiter if they had any fish and was then only advised they had kingklip or tuna. Why not on the menu? Because they parade around massive “specials” boards with fish platters for one at R800 or two at R1600 or Crayfish at R980. Why not place the decent menu items on the menu? Well then it will defer people away from the excessivley priced “specials”.

It is a real pity. My tuna steak was actually very good. And relatively well priced at R240.

Only go here if you are immune to the tactics of fleecing you for your cash, don’t take business collegues from overseas as they also dont understand the real prices we pay for good seafood.

Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

There is a much more honest establishment next door where the seafood platter for 2 is only R400. Surey R1200 is too high premium to pay for “quality” as that is the excuse we received from the general manager when we contacted then directly.

Dear Sean,

thank you for your honest feedback and taking the time to share it with the Tripadvisor community.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our tuna steak and you found it reasonably priced.

As our Manager adviced, all our dishes are in fact reasonably priced given the quality that we serve. At no time will we compromise food quality by using cheaper ingredients that would allow us to reduce prices.

We hope that you are able to appreciate this and hope to welcome you again, perhaps just for a sundowner next time.