“Peaceful”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Monte Blu

Boulders Beach penguins
Sunset over the Ocean
Pool side
Entrance to complex
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

refilwek2...
“Below par”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

Then sofas are old and not usable any longer, we never used them. The beds are also old and were spread with a white powder, hard for our backs and we were bitten by bed bugs from day one till the last day, The Kitchen was well stocked and spotless. Please sort out the beds and sofas. It was a rip-off

Liked best: the kitchen
Liked least: sofas and beds
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Jan 2016
Firstly I would like to reassure any future guests that all of the problems experienced by this reviewer have been addressed and rectified. In my defence of such a terrible and damning review I feel I would like to correct the negative impression that has surely caused.
I was extremely aghast and upset to read this terrible review of my Cape Town home Monte Blu. For the guests to take this course of action after the event was unnecessary and to be honest most of the comments are unsubstantiated and inaccurate. Before my guests' trip I assured them that should they encounter any problems at all during their stay that would they please inform my representative nearby who is available and pleased to give any advice or assistance throughout the length of their stay. Equally I am available 24 hours a day and am just a phone call or text message away. The guest understood this and assured me that he would "shout should there be a need".
Unfortunately the guests chose not to inform either of us about the issues mentioned in the review even though we attempted to call them on a number of occasions as a matter of courtesy to ensure they had everything they might possibly need and to check that they were enjoying a pleasant vacation. This is customary with all of our guests. No mention of any problems at all were made, even at checkout when the guests remarked that all had been fine with their stay at Monte Blu.
In the 15 years I have been letting out Monte Blu I have never received a complaint let alone be subjected to the after-the-fact vitriolic barrage which I was utterly shocked to read online and yet I wasn't even aware or had been informed that there had been any problem at all!
I fail to understand why my guests chose to endure the evident severe discomfort of being bitten to death every night by apparent bed bugs rather than bringing the matter to our attention. All such problems could have been completely resolved in one afternoon while the guests enjoyed a sunny afternoon in Cape Town. I find it incredulous that they made the choice to suffer in silence and say nothing but rather reveal their complaints afterwards in an online review. I am exasperated as to why they would leave such a devastating, cowardly and calculated review rather than have any grievances addressed at the time and thus enjoyed a more pleasant stay. The final remark that they thought the rental was a "rip-off" I find contemptible.
I just wish that they had informed us of their concerns rather than resort to such a practice. I genuinely pride myself on ensuring my guests have a pleasurable stay and stop at nothing to ensure they do. I hope that, given the opportunity, I will be able to prove this to whoever is still reading this response and thus turn a negative into a positive :-)
Jonathan
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, amenities, comfort - a home from home
Liked least: nothing at all
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and being a home from home
Liked least: Nothing!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Lesinator
Traverse City, Michigan
“Fantastic yet simple apartment in great neighborhood”
Reviewed 23 October 2011 for a stay in March 2011
people found this review helpful

This was a great apartment for those who have never been to the Cape Town area. It is in a safe (walkable) area right near a wonderful beach. The supermarket is close (must drive there though) The view is just as depicted - breathtaking . You can safely park your car outside or in the provided garage. We didn't plan on being indoors much but the thought of a nice place to lay your head and enjoy your morning was comforting. We have three teen daughters so it made sleeping accommodations easy. (two in one room and one on the couch - which when slid together made for an awesome bed- she had no complaints at all) This two bedroom flat may prove to be a challenge for a different family paradigm. It is ideally made for a couple or smaller families. i.e. a breakfast counter vs a kitchen table and chairs. The owner was terrific and very very helpful. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and proximity to beach
Liked least: Wi-Fi was confusing to set up
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;