“Delicious!”

La Mouette Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 1,299 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Mouette Restaurant opened in 2010 by Chef and co-owner Henry Vigar, his wife, Mari and their business partner Gerrit Bruwer. La Mouette offers seasonally inspired and modern food. With ever-changing and seasonally inspired menus, friendly staff and a beautiful and unique venue, La Mouette has become a firm favorite with locals and regulars as well as established itself as a return go-to for our international guests. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We were very excited to visit this restaurant as we love tapas style meals and we were very impressed! Each of the dishes were thoughtfully crafted and were all so flavorful. The presentation of each dish was absolutely beautiful. We were very full by the end of the meal as we enjoyed every last bite! There were several large parties on the night that we visited and the staff did an excellent job of ensuring that everyone was well taken care of. Overall, a great dining experience!

Date of visit: December 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed 9 June 2018

The historic house and the set up gives a cozy feeling, unfortunately it is a bit noisy inside when most tables are occupied. A restaurant of this level should install some sound proofing just to lower the noise level. I assume the terrace in summer time will be beautiful for dining.
Their winter menu is well priced and a very good choice. The service is excellent and the wine list has good choices, just that the wines seem to be more expensive than at similar places.
Over all a good experience, will be back...

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

My son recently took me to La Mouette. I remember going there when it was The Europa (which REALLY dates me). Anyway, he announced that we were to have the set menu with wine pairing. It will not be of any use to name each dish that we ordered: suffice to say that they were all fabulous. The accompanying wines were also very good and I am pleased to record that they were not in the least bit "snoep". Our waiter, Knowledge, was excellent and the manager (Michael?) was charming. I have a sneaking feeling that it was not a cheap evening but it was worth every cent.
Highly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I have always wanted to visit this restaurant and my husband treated me to dinner for my birthday.

The restaurant was surprisingly more relaxed then I expected. We decided on the 3 course winter menu my selections was the calamari, ostrich and milk and honey dessert.

I quite enjoyed the calamari starter, I am pregnant and not able to eat undercooked meat therefore I had to request my ostrich well done not something I am used to. I did not enjoy this meal it tasted like cereal with pieces of meat. The milk honey dessert was tasty.

My husband's choices was much better then mine, he went with the pork belly as a starter and fillet and beef short rib as a main and cheese for dessert.

Overall the experience and service was good. Perhaps I should have chosen a better main course.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank valentineg24
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I always have an amazing time here, the venue and food are just superb and the staff are always very attentive.
My FAV place in Cape Town!

Date of visit: December 2017