All reviews long street marriott chain table mountain great hotel modern hotel company gardens deluxe suite rain shower rooms are spacious star service kloof street star hotel breakfast buffet is minute drive concierge desk business trip camps bay
Reviewed 4 August 2018

We stayed in 2 different rooms during a week in Capetown. The first 2 nights were Atrium facing. The service was so-so and the portion of the room with swinging chairs was closed off. Really, who want's to feel like they are part of a strip show?

Breakfast was plentiful but the service was slow and coffee took forever. Having eggs to order wasn't the best option. There were lots of things to choose from at the buffet and it was incredibly well stocked.

4 nights were in a room that faced Table Mountain. That view was spectacular. Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to sit and relax on the couch and enjoy the view as I was in a meeting and other functions the entire stay. The house keeper seemed to always be at my room at 7:30 when I was getting ready for my next function. Eventually I just put the do not disturb sign in.

The second room was clearly much nicer than the first but because of the vast difference in the stay I could never rate this more than a 4* property at best.

Room Tip: Table Mountain
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Jade D, Front Office Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear 2love2hike,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel, Autograph Collection and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent another incident as such from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Cape Town.

Jade Dreyer
Assistant Front Office Manager
15 on Orange Hotel Autograph Collection
jade.dreyer@autographhotels.com
021 469 8000

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Very nice property in the city center. Great check-in, room, restaurant, and concierge service experiences.

House keeping could have been a bit better but ultimately didn’t effect our stay.

The V&A Waterfront area is where all the tourists hangout - but this was a nice alternative with a lot less people. Uber rides were extremely cheap and available.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We had to ask 3 waiters at the restaurant for service without any assistance. Then the egg order took about 30 minutes to be served. At the time of service we had already decided to eat at the self service counter. We were told that somehow the egg order did not get to the kitchen.

However, the Chef apologized for the delayed order as it had not reached them.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank unathitaleni
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Hotel is huge and beautiful. I booked a deluxe room with the Table Mountain view and it was fabulous. Rooms are clean and beautiful and the location is very convenient. But I dislike my stay. Customer service is terrible, room service is terrible (I ordered 3 times and my food was cold most of the time...), the breakfast buffet is nice but it's always the same thing every morning and the restaurant in the evening is terrible. The food was not fresh and the waiter terrible! When you asked a question at the reception they never know anything... I won't recommend if you are used to luxury places with an excellent customer service.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The hotel is just at the corner of the main road and easily accessible and next to the parliament. The rooms are so big, clean and quite. The shower can accommodate two adults at a time, not forgetting the bath too. The breakfast its so fantastic. We went to the top roof of the hotel just to have a view of the city, its a wow...! We slept for two nights but it felt like a drop in the ocean. We will definitely sleep at this hotel again, its worth it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple