“Unique”

Ranked #116 of 1,294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Haiku concept is exotic Asian cuisine. Chinese dim sum, wok and barbeque; Japanese robata grills and sushi, served tapas-style, are some of the dishes to be shared and enjoyed in a stylish setting.DescriptionThe Haiku concept is exotic Asian cuisine. Chinese dim sum, wok and barbeque; Japanese robata grill and sushi, served tapas-style, are some of the dishes to be shared and enjoyed in a stylish setting.The restaurant interior features a state-of-the-art open kitchen where diners can watch food being artfully prepared by a group of talented, professional chefs. The restaurant exudes trendy sophistication, with walls and floors of beautifully polished granite.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Visited with friends, had a nice table on a warm Summer's evening outside. I love this place as uniquely you can order high quality Indian food as well as top quality ( for SA ) Chinese food too. The Peking Duck is as good as anywhere in the World. On this particular evening we sat in Bukara and our friends eat Indian whilst my wife and I had Chinese. Service on the night very good too.

Management response:Responded 13 March 2018

Hello David,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed it.

We hope to have you visit us again, soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The service was good however it could not make up for their overpriced tasteless food. I ordered a ginger seafood under the wok section - all my seafood was deep-fried, tasteless and served with an overkill portion of ginger. I am pretty that there was more ginger on my plate than seafood. I have no idea why it was under the wok section when it seems as though none of the items of my plate had even been made in a wok. The dim sum starter was under cooked. The food was poor especially for the amount paid. I do not mind spending money on food but it has to be good food. I would not recommend this place, you’re better off just getting Simply Asia if you’re in the mood for Asian food - it is definitely much more flavor full

1  Thank nash91
Management response:Responded 13 March 2018

Good day, nash91,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience with us. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Kindly send us an email with a copy of your review and your contact details to feedback@Bukhara.com.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

This was the last place I was expecting the use of MSG but I have to say that I had the worst MSG hangover I have ever experienced. I must have drunk 5 litres of water throughout the night.

The portions are large - not tapas!

The bill for 4 was almost £140 but for the amount we ordered including drinks, I suppose it should have been expected. We were told by the waitress that the portions were small but they weren’t so we ended up over-ordering and over-eating.

Some credit to the quality of the sushi however be aware not to over order.

Finally, as the restaurant claim to have 4 kitchens, the food arrives at different times.

The dimly lit surroundings helps to make it quite intimate and the staff are helpful and attentive.

1  Thank GSF888
Management response:Responded 16 February 2018

Hi there GSF888,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are extremely disappointed to hear about your experience with us. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Kindly send us an email to feedback@Bukhara.com with a copy of your review.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Duck was below average. Air conditioning wasn't working so was incredibly uncomfortable and stuffy! All round disappointing, we won't be back

1  Thank dawncD2576FO
Management response:Responded 9 February 2018

Hi there dawncD2576FO,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are terribly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Kindly send us an email to feedback@Bukhara.com.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Been around for a few years and still serving up good food.The lights are kept low (both in terms of brightness and height) so your group isn't distracted by other diners. It's entertaining to watch the team at work in the open kitchen.

Management response:Responded 29 January 2018

Hello Captain_Condor,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoy your experiences with us.

We hope to have you dine with us again, soon.