See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have stayed with African Elite Apartments in De Waterkant several times and love it - for me the best accommodation in CapeTown. Great location in the "village style" quarter, with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops all around. V&A waterfront and most sights are also in easy (and safe) walking distance.

Its great to have the privacy to stay in your apartment and still get the whole "hotel service", the apartments are serviced daily, just like in hotel the rooms are made up, towels changed etc.

AEA rents different apartments all over the De Waterkant. 46 Loader is a great adress (with 2 bedrooms), on two stories, with a private pool, a great bathroom and fantastic views over the waterfront and table mountain.

In the Cape Quarter (shopping mall with a big Spar, several restaurants and shops) is the AEA office (very friendly and helpful staff) and on the top floor, the newest apartments that they own. They are very modern and well furnished. The roof garden with a small pool and views over table mountain is also great. The only small negative point - the big windowfront in the apartments is great, and overs excellent views, but on weekends it can get a big noisy from the bars & clubs just below.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have rented property with African Elite, and whilst the properties are lovely, many owned privately and managed by African Elite.

Some days after checking out I received notification that the Property required an extreme clean, in spite of paying over the odds for a cleaner supplied by African Elite, plus my own cleaner who also came in weekly. Additionally an exit meeting took place with one of the African Elite staff who shook hands and waved us off. This was clearly a ruse to retain the deposit since I was now 6,000 miles from Cape Town. After discussions the claim was dropped by African Elite, but it left a very bitter taste.

Additionally I personally introduced 6 further clients to African Elite and should have received a commission. This was unknown to me since I am simply a "man on the street" and not a travel agency or tour operator. This was not made apparent to me that a commission was payable.

There are plenty of agencies in Cape Town, this is one not to do business with. This is not a recent trip rather one some time ago/ So whilst I have said it is this month. It refers to a previous period. The same staff member is still at African Elite.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank tallguy1968
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I travelled on business down to Cape Town and stayed in the serviced apartment in de Waterkant. Right from the start I was very impressed. One of the team took us up to the apartment, showed us the roof top swimming pool (too cold while we were there but would be lovely in the summer) and even showed us around the shopping centre and recommended a great restaurant (Beluga).
The apartment was very well laid out and everything looked very new and well maintained. Unfortunately the fuses had tripped but, true to form, this was sorted out very quickly and efficiently. The location is superb with some very nice bars and restaurants near by and would definately be ideal for a tourist to Cape Town.
I am very impressed and give a hearty recommendation!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Stylish and very contemplate furnished appartments in the heart of the de Waterkant quarter. Located in Loader Street, inside a shopping mall. Most stylish appartment we rented. Washing machine and every thinkable kitchen equipment provided. Very nice view to the Table Mountain. Very kind and helpful staff. We received a two bed penthouse upgrade and the option for staying in the appartment until 2 pm.
Free parking provided. 10 min walk to the V&A Waterfront.
A SuperSpar and different nice restaurants (try out Vanilla) are located in the building.
Only downer: Bar across the street get's noisy on the weekend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Our large group (20) had 3 properties between Xmas and New Year - 2 in Loader Street and one in the street below. We stayed in 96 Loader Street - a great 4 bedroom 3 bath cottage with multiple deck areas and a plunge pool. (Another of the properties had a roof top hot tub).
Its all very contemporary and stylishly furnished - flat screen tv's in every bedroom - all you could wish for. The master suite is to die for, one ensuite bedroom is a separate annex (above the garage), the other 2 doubles are small on the ground floor and share a shower room.
Not really toddler friendly (open stairs, no net for the pool) - but we had one and we coped.
Only gripe was that although a (small) sellection of tea/coffee/crisps were provided for immediate use there were no other 'basics' provided. Not a big problem as there is a FANTASTIC Spar supermarket in the new Cape Quarter only 5 minutes away - but when you are only there for 4 nights you dont really want to buy a whole box of washing powder/kitchen roll/cooking oil etc etc. In the UK I would expect this to be provided in this std of property - perhaps this is normal in SA though.
There was also confusion as to whether we could have a BBQ at the property. I had asked in advance and had been told 'that there was room on the deck', however on arrival we were told 'no - due to fire hazards'. However we later found a large kettle drum BBQ in the garage - but didnt use it as it was so far away from the deck.
De Waterkant is a great area - lovely bars and restaurants in the Cape Quarter or its only a 10 mins walk to the V&A. Felt totally safe - its very pretty and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family