“Very nice!”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #45 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Very central, clean, friendly helpful staff. Love the many choices of eateries all around this hotel. We got a kitchen unit and its very spacious and super clean. I would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask fora room with a view of the main street.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located and one receives royal yet typically friendly Cape Town treatment. We were in a deluxe suite and it was clean and comfortable. There were several maintenance problems but most were sorted out immediately. I highly recommend them doing a thorough check soon otherwise things are going to go downhill and become expensive to repair all at once. Staff are kind, professional and lovely. I have a feeling that the more expensive rooms will be much nicer. The locality is excellent and the complimentary shuttle to and from the V&A is wonderful. It will be amazing if they would open their own restaurant because the outsourced options on the ground floor, while convenient, are not great for a hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We escaped our previously booked hotel (see other hotel review) and found paradise with The Cape Royale. It was literally night and day. Located in Green Point, this hotel is ideally situated between the waterfront and Cape Town City Centre. We booked a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite with a full kitchen and laundry – very spacious and clean. It immediately made us felt at home. Beautifully decorated interior with tons of amenities and great location – there is a grocery store nearby as well as restaurants and cafes within walking distance. Roof deck with panoramic views of Cape Town harbor and Table Mountain was very nice. We found the staff to be warm and genuinely friendly, the hotel to be well-kept and comfortable. Although it is about ten minutes walk to the V&A waterfront, the free pick-up and drop-off to destinations within 3-miles facility was well used and very much appreciated. Free wifi was an added bonus, sometimes dropped out and reception in most of our suite was average, we can't really make too much of a fuss as it was free!

Initially, we wanted to stay on the beach but we’ll take the serenity and security over our last hotel anytime! Loved staying there and will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnCalifornia11
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

We went to the Casaurina spa at the hotel and it was the shitiest service I've ever received. Unprofessional staff. Staff talking back to me when I made a small request and when I complained the massage therapist hurt me so much I have bruises on both my sides. This is but only the first complaint as I'm in so much pain!! Wedding Anniversary ruined!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Everything in this hotel is amazing. The staff, the room, the location! But something unacceptable happened with me. Someone opened my locked luggage and STOLE 1,600.00 dollares from me! The hotel said that they were embarrassed but than they just send me a letter saying after the investigation they did not found the thief. =(

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends