“Beautiful, Romantic and luxurious hotel in a great location”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #54 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We stayed for 3 nights at the Cape Royale Luxury hotel and were amazed by the excellent service and friendliness of all the staff. From the moment you enter the hotel you feel like royalty.

The Cape Royale offers a luxurious experience and is located centrally making it easy to explore and experience all Cape Town has to offer. It is walking distance from the V&A waterfront and there are many restaurants just outside the hotel which we enjoyed.

Our room was a 1 bedroom deluxe suite which was setup with a romantic turndown on our first night there, due a special occasion that my fiancé had planned. This was absolutely beautiful and romantic.

On our last night at the hotel we had the privilege of staying in one of the hotels penthouse suites (Penthouse Louise) which was complimentary thanks to the manager. It was amazing. The penthouse was huge with 2 beautifully decorated bedrooms, a lounge/dining area, kitchen (equipped with everything you will need and more), huge bathrooms, a private pool and braai area with a breath taking view of the ocean and V&A waterfront.

We absolutely loved our stay at the Cape Royal Luxury hotel. We highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

Kieara & Michael Rai

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kieara-Lee R
CapeRoyaleManager, Hotel Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

The teams ability to work together towards our common goal in providing our guests with the best in product and service delivery is testament to your most wonderful feedback received. We are humbled by your most kind words.

We thank you once again and look forward to your return visit in the future.

Gallo Shanker | Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,577)

Reviewed 18 October 2015

The apartment style rooms are very well furnished and appointed. All the appliances worked and one could easily have a nice breakfast or quick dinner in the room. Its very nice to sit on the roof and watch the sun go down with a cocktail while considering where to go for dinner. The bath was nice and well supplied and the bed as soft and very comfortable. The new breakfast cafe is good and the staff are kind and present to help. The staff is efficient and helpful in general, but park and retrieve your own car, it's easy and certainly saves time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back, away from the street noise, they also have the best views.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank laurav922

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we value your feedback.

We are extremely pleased to have learned that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured that your recommendation with regards to our valet service is well received and will certainly be used as a means to improve.

We welcome your return.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

We had a wonderful 5 days at the Cape Royal. Lovely room with very nice decor and fantastic service. I highly recommend the tour desk as they are very helpful and patient. There are several restaurants just outside the hotel that are very good and open late. It is also very easy to get a taxi to and from the hotel as the doorman is there 24 hours a day.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
CapeRoyaleManager, Hotel Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your most kind review.

We are quite pleased to know that you had a wonderful time staying with us at the Cape Royale.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. I was extremely disappointed.

1) The room's view was not as promised. I had a view of an ugly building, with no natural light when I was promised a "perfect mountain view"

2) The room was unclean. It had sticky stuff on the floors and had not been mopped. The bedside tables had red lipstick on them and had also not been cleaned. The shower was moldy.

3) When I complained about being lied to about my room's view, initially the staff seemed responsive and said they would switch my room the next day. Yet, although my complaint was "escalated" (to apparently nowhere), no one ever got back to me. I had to ask again the next evening, but was told that I could only switch on my last night, which was highly inconvenient and not a solution to lying to me in the first place.

4) Management never got in touch with me about the problems. They were lost in the ether. I could not even tell you the names of the management. They may respond to this with apologies, but they had every opportunity to fix these problems, while I was there and they did not. Completely unacceptable.

5) The pictures advertised for the room were misleading. The furniture was different for example. The couch was old, stained, and looked like it had been dragged off of the street. The bathroom was small and ugly. This was not a five star accommodation.

Overall, this hotel was the most expensive compared to the other five star hotels I stayed at during this trip, but was the least enjoyable and most poorly managed. While I was there, I heard other people complaining as well, so it was not just me. The accommodations are glorified cheap apartment rentals and I recommend this hotel to no one. It was not a five star hotel. I very highly doubt that the good reviews it has received are legitimate, though I can't be certain.

Room Tip: Rip off. Not as promised. Avoid at all costs. There are better options.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We most certainly take all comments seriously.

I can assure you that when one reads comments regarding the management being unavailable to any of our guests staying, it saddens me as we are here to serve. I would have loved to meet with you during your stay with us and not having met with you, is quite disappointing.

We sincerely apologize for not having met your expectation. Naturally we would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future.

I would appreciate that you reach out to me on gallo.shanker@caperoyale.co.za

Reviewed 6 October 2015

Our expectations were substantially exceeded from the time we entered the parking garage where or car was parked for us. Very classy and professional check in procedure and then our suite was wonderful. great value for money. Will definitely be back and have already recommended to friends and business associates.

Larry and Val Palk

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
CapeRoyaleManager, Hotel Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Dear Val & Larry Palk,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and our fellow travellers.

This is most certainly what we set out to achieve with all our guests staying at the Cape Royale.

We look forward to your next stay with us.