All reviews green point hotel cat football stadium bathroom window huge shower residential neighborhood hotel arranged pool area modern design booking taxis two blocks sea view great place to stay nice breakfast room was large would highly recommend this hotel dinner reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights on the last leg of our month trip to Africa. We stayed in a deluxe room sea facing XL upstairs. Was so spacious, clean & comfortable. Loved the art decor & the heated flooring throughout all the rooms. We arrived late evening & Katerina was there to check us in. Lovely lady who helped us with/ recommended many things throughout our stay. I had recently celebrated my bday so it was a nice surprise to see a card, chocolates & bottle of champagne waiting for me. Located in a nice quiet suburban street. We walked a few times to the V&A waterfront (15 mins) during the day & always got a taxi/uber home. Very easy & cheap way to get around. Breakfast daily was lovely. We had our eggs cooked any way with sides & there was a small variety of other items. Loved the banana bread which I enjoyed a few pieces daily. Thank you to Neefa & the breakfast ladies for being so friendly, welcoming & personable. We ate dinner nearly every night at the waterfront, lots of shops & restaurants & we even watched a movie on one of the rainy days. We met another lady Vera who helped us also at the hotel. Bed comfy & great shower & pressure. As CT still on water restrictions liked that they had a bucket in the shower so we could help save water. Used laundry here a few times, reasonable rates. We used Alex (hotel driver) for our airport transfers & also booked a day trip with him to Boulders beach & Cape point. Lots to do here - table mountain, hop on/off bus, hubby did a shark dive, I got pampered with massage & nails, lots to see/do at waterfront, the watershed local market is awesome & the farmers market we stumbled upon on sat was great also. A big thank you specially to Katerina for being so friendly & helpful & also the rest of the Dysart team. Daisy (cat) was a great addition to the team & was always up for a pat. Overall we enjoyed our stay & the service & would recommend & return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived rather late but the staff were very friendly and helped us park and made us feel welcome... One member in particular was almost too friendly. I don't think the individual remotes merited detailed explanation. Note the front parks are a little on the small side and if you have a large vehicle you'll have to park in the back (no pun).

The room was very well equipped and truely lovely. Similarly the bathroom and private balcony were an absolute treat!

The hotel prides itself on its modern art decor but you may find yourself surrounded with too many pussy... Four legged a sad minority. Each to their own one supposes.

The most disappointing aspect of our visit was breakfast which was woeful: the egg special just a poor imitation of eggs Benedict but drowned in mountains of butter... I suggest they teach the cook how to prepare hollandaise sauce before poisoning anyone else. And the worst was yet to come... The coffee was truly hellish - I wonder if it was poured straight from the cat's behind. More like watery diarrhoea than a rousing beverage...

Overall, "interesting" art choices, very nice rooms but avoid anything they try to feed you at all costs. The staff were absolute champions and my compliments too them (not the cook). I wouldn't come back myself but neither would I dissuade anyone from giving it a go.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taaibos H
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Stopped here for 4 nights whilst touring. Dennis was absolutely amazing, so helpful in finding restaurants, advising places to visit etc. All the staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is slightly hidden away but a perfect location. Make sure you use the Uber cabs, but Dennis will give you plenty of help. Daisy was the perfect hostess.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a balcony and view out towards to sea
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I cannot overstate how lovely my stay at Dysart was. Central location but hidden away just enough to be out of the hustle and bustle of the city. Wonderfully styled rooms and common areas full of life and art. Delicious breakfast and light lunch items available. The staff, especially Denis, are so wonderful and helpful. Book now, thank me later, and say hi to Daisy lounging by the pool!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We enjoyed a 3 night stay at this beautiful hotel whilst in Cape Town. It's location was fantastic but had an air of calm about it that made you feel like you were away from the hustle and bustle.

The staff were extremely warm and welcoming and couldn't do enough for us, they were all incredibly friendly and helpful - and we particularly enjoyed the complimentary glass of wine on our arrival.

The whole experience at the Dysart was wonderful and we couldn't recommend the experience more highly.

Particular thanks to Denis and Daisy for their advice, warmth and great conversation - they certainly made the start to our South African adventure all the more special. THANK YOU! Naomi & Victoria xx

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends