I have just returned from the most amazing trip to South Africa for my 40th Birthday. I couldn't have picked a nicer place to stay than the Atlanticview - it really has the very best views, rooms, breakfast, staff and location in the whole Bay. We were staying in the Master Bedroom which is just along from reception with a fantastic balcony overlooking the bay and skylight windows that look up to Table mountain. The room itself was clean and tidy with a lovely big comfortable bed and superb towels!
A couple of suggestions - complimentary bottled water would be a non-expensive welcome addition to the room amenities - it was available to purchase through the mini-bar but I think with this level of hotel it really should be included in the room rate. Also a consideration would be to replace a couple of vehicles with one people carrier to transport 8-10 guests at a time to and from the bay at night (at set times perhaps after the evening drinks reception and a pick up at 10pm) rather than have 3/4 cars ferrying couples down separately and charging each time - again, this really should be offered as a complimentary service to guests wanting to get to the bay and back. Chargeable rides to Cape Town, Table Mountain etc are fair and reasonable however.
The only slight negative was the wind - but this is nothing that can be controlled by the management - but be sure to use the earplugs provided when the wind picks up at night!
Overall it truly is a spectacular Hotel and I would highly recommend staying here, for the staff alone are so keen to ensure you are having the very best time. Thanks to all who made it such a very special place - we'll always remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-Star Graded Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel has 9 rooms and suites. This unique Cape Town Boutique Hotel is set high atop fashionable Camps Bay along the Riviera of South Africa. It has the most spectacular views of the sea and mountains. The position is perfect and convenient to all tourist attractions. Atlanticview Cape Town do not permit small children into the property. This is very popular with honeymooners and couples who wish to just get away with a bit of peace, quiet + relaxation. Well behaved teens and singles are welcome. This Cape Town Hotel has stylish air-conditioned, non-smoking rooms (three fifty to three ninety sq ft) and suites (six hundred to seven fifty sq ft). All with spectacular views, quality furnishings, all season goose down duvets (featherless available) and percale bed-linens. Master Bedroom, Penthouse, Infinity and Sunset Suites now have super king Tempur-pedic Mattresses for your maximum comfort and quality rest. Guests can have a work out in the gym, a dip in the pool, a relaxing massage or a run on the beach. Rates incl Taxes, Welcome Refreshments, Breakfasts, WiFi, use of the Gym, 2 Solar heated Infinity pools, Guests Computer plus a generous amount of Quality Wines with delicious home made Hors-d'oeuvres and Canapés every evening to celebrate the magnificent southern Atlantic sunsets.To serve you there are 18 young hotel professionals to 18 guests. Atlanticview Boutique Hotel Camps Bay has its own in-house fleet of air-conditioned Mercedes for airport and local transfers to the beach, restaurants or tourist attractions. There is a Range Rover for private tours to the Winelands or Cape Point or wherever you would like to go, all with a friendly face from the hotel behind the wheel. Atlanticview is the only Cape Town hotel of its size to boast this service as well as two Infinity pools for their guests to enjoy. Rates for the car service are little more than local taxis. It is excellent value as well as a safe, comfortable and convenient way of getting around. Camps Bay is one of the safest up market communities in Cape Town and is the only Atlantic Seaboard beach town with a promenade packed full of world class restaurants and bars. Reservations are all handled personally by the US owners. Cuisine Technology SA, the hotels sister company supplies all the top chefs and restaurants in the country making dinner reservations in the top venues possible. The owner is known for ringing the chefs private cell phones on occasion to get guests in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlanticview Capetown Boutique
- Atlanticview Capetown Boutique Camps Bay
- Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel Camps Bay