1,039 results
All reviews atlantic view pineapple suite other guests range rover attention to detail breakfast tray rock room cape town every evening sunset suite table mountain infinity pool complimentary wine our honeymoon the penthouse master bedroom cape point
Reviewed 30 September 2012

A small quiet boutique hotel on the hill side overlooking the ocean. Tasteful interiors and friendly staff. Not much to do except enjoy the enchanting views, with table mountain on one side and the bay in front.

Room Tip: Book well in advance as they have very few rooms which are generally booked months ahead.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sumantkachru
WellTraveledandDined, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you Suman, for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future some day.

Warm regards and safe travels,

Reviewed 27 September 2012

End your search here for divine Cape Town Accommodation!!

My husband & I had the pleasure of spending a fortnight at Atlanticview in August and there just aren’t enough superlatives to describe this phenomenal place! With all encompassing vistas over Camps Bay beach, the stunning Atlantic ocean & being flanked by the truly awe inspiring 12 apostles...the location & view is truly second to none as is the accommodation and the service which do surpass prior descriptions. There’s truly not enough room...I could write a novel, and we consider ourselves well-travelled and very picky.

No matter what the weather - sunny or inclement the surroundings are divine. When it rained or was just overcast, clouds draped the 12 Apostles like a charcoal angora blanket and it was magical!! I could just stare in any direction from our gorgeous balcony for hours!!

All rooms are individual and stunning, furnished with Greg & Rainers panache & fabulous sense of humour! Personalised & divine...far from your luxury chain hotels or apartment options. I can highly recommend the 'Pineapple Suite'...all you could want & more... I could live there happily tomorrow! Truly a "Bespoke Boutique" experience.

I can't say enough about the extraordinary staff & exceptional service they provide. Truly the best we have ever experienced internationally. Owner Greg - who manages bookings personally - is delightful & highly professional welcoming/prompt/efficient & knowledgeable.. The highly trained staff of Wendy, Dale, and Jarred, Wesley et al are highly professional, efficient, welcoming, and knowledgeable with no task proving too difficult! Truly at your beck & call whilst being unobtrusive. Their commitment even included assistance with a hospital visit at 2.30am, which was above & beyond the call of duty.

Although we hired a car for longer trips, the use of the divine limos, at a very reasonable cost (just a tad more than a local taxi), certainly saved us when we had just arrived & for those times we didn’t want to drive. You can't put a price on the security & again efficiency of the service at a moment’s notice. I certainly recommend their limo service for airport pickups etc. if you're unfamiliar with Cape Town.

We were truly spoilt rotten & as per prior reviews returned to a spotless room even if we had just popped out momentarily. The service stretched to our laundry being gift wrapped...just divine!

The location is perfectly positioned out of the city however only 5 minutes’ drive over the hill & 10 minutes in either direction to the major freeways to get you to all the major tourist drives/spots etc.

The nightly rate is truly reasonable as it includes the most divine breakfast...which we even had to photograph, nightly sundowner drinks, canapés, free movies, & as said, the world’s best service and immaculate room service. Divine meals, with the most superb produce, were also available for lunch or dinner which certainly isn’t provided by other B&BS in Cape Town...or anywhere else I’m familiar with! We did significant research into choosing our accommodation and this was definitely one of the deciding factors if we didn’t want to go out for lunch or dinner as you truly don’t have to leave with those amazing views!

Atlanticview is for those who love an individually pampered experience, luxury with personal touches and truly unsurpassed personal, professional yet unobtrusive service.

End your search here & book now...before we do as we plan to visit again & again!!! Just in love with it!!

Room Tip: The Pineapple Suite...although all are bespoke & divine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MLemonBrisbane
WellTraveledandDined, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear M and P,

Thank you thank you for such a beautiful and complimentary review. It was my pleasure to book you in. To be honest it was fun, as I could feel your enthusiasm through your emails. I am so happy you both enjoyed your experience at Atlanticview and hope you can return some day soon in the future.

Now... I cant help myself here but have to mention the news you have shared with us about what you discovered after you arrived home to Australia. Rainer, myself and the entire management team at Atlanticview wish you much happiness and joy with your newly expected member of the family. We are truly all so excited for you both. You are a beautiful couple with extraordinary personalities and so much love to share. You will be wonderful parents.

With all our best wishes for the future!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed only for 1 night, but were completely wowed by the great view, hospitality and size of the room. Due to luck and fairly low occupancy over the winter we were also upgraded sea facing room with a great view and oversized outdoor furniture where you can sink into sipping bubbly. The in-room breakfast was the best I've every had in any hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Jan,

Thank you for writing in. We are so glad you enjoyed your short stay with us.
Do come back and visit again when you are visiting Cape Town!

Warm regards and safe travels,

Reviewed 22 September 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Atlanticview during the last week of August, 2012. I cannot begin to speak about how fantastic this place is. Calling it a “hotel” seems to be a disservice. The accommodations and the service are all literally as amazing as described in previous posts. As relatively well-traveled Americans, we wondered if Atlanticview could truly live up to the reviews. Let me clearly state that Atlanticview exceeds the limited descriptions here. If you are considering staying here, I want to end your quandary. I could go on and on about the delicious wines and canapés every night, unmatched service like a personal and immediate ride to and from anywhere in a luxury vehicle, an immaculate room every single time you leave and return, staff that memorize not just your name but your likes and dislikes and can get you in to any restaurant, activity, excursion or tourist site with a quick phone call, but I only have limited space to write here.

A few reviews make reference to things like rowdy bar areas and all night restaurants. Those types of experiences are plentiful at chain hotels. The Atlanticview is for people who enjoy luxury, pampering and hand-delivered service. You cannot compare the difference between getting on a crowded bus of tourists picked up from every hotel in Cape Town and getting into a Range Rover with just your companion and a guide who was born and raised in Cape Town providing you detailed information about your surroundings. A few reviews reference the cost of Atlanticview. You really cannot even quantify the security of door-to-door service ( you are literally walked to your room when you return for the evening) and personal tours that you dictate. But, if you did, you would find that the nightly rate is a bargain considering standards such as outstanding breakfasts, appetizers and unlimited wine in the evenings and unlimited free movies in your room. The private rides to and from wherever you are headed were also competitively priced. We took a taxi once, not only did it cost more, he got lost and I seriously thought the muffler was going to pop off and roll down the mountainside. The Camps Bay police had to come and guide us back to Atlanticview. That Mercedes sounds good doesn’t it?
We were treated so well at Atlanticview we were literally sad when we went to the airport to fly home. We actually fought over staff-member Mansur with another couple because he absolutely made our stay and experience in Cape Town magical. Jarrod, Dale, Wendy and of course Greg, made for an exceptional honeymoon. I loved the personalized booking procedure that Greg offers. It makes you feel like the service has begun before you have even arrived.

A few tips: 1) Go to the evening sundowners. It is a great way to decide where to go, eat, etc. based on the stories of other guests. 2) Ask for cooked breakfast if you like, it’s delicious! 3) Take the staff’s advice on restaurants, each one was a winner. 4) We stayed in Room 1. It was indeed noisy due to the wind but depending on where you are from, it really is not that bothersome. We actually kind of liked it. 5) Do not take a taxi unless you have to. 6) As SOON as the weather appears clear, go up to Table Mountain. Do not wait! The cable car does not run on cloudy days. 7) If you arrive late, order the shrimp and lobster for your room. So delicious you will cry tears. 7) Very important: Book at Atlanticview and do not worry. You have chosen well.

Room Tip: Room 1 is a bit noisy. But it offers privacy and a great view of both Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. We actually liked the nature sounds!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kanikab

Dear Kanika and Courtney,

Congratulations again to you both again and thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your honeymoon and it was our pleasure in making it so special for you to enjoy. That was really very sweet of you to say some of the things you did. The local taxis are rough 9 times out of 10 and do take guests on wild goose chases. It happened to me a few times and our guests were regularly complaining about the local taxis. This is why we have introduced our luxury car service a few yrs ago so that our guests are safely taken to wherever they want to go whenever they want to go in air-conditioned comfort and style with a familiar face behind the wheel.

It was my pleasure to help you plan your honeymoon to South Africa. I enjoyed helping you both and am delighted to know you enjoyed your trip so much. On behalf of myself and the Atlanticview team. Thank you again for honeymooning with us and for all the lovely things you said.

Best wishes to you both!

Greg, Rainer and The Atlanticview Team

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for my birthday with friends. The greeting was warm and friendly and the staff great from that point on. The sundowners and canapés were fantastic and a great way to start the evening before we headed out to dinner following the recommendations from the staff.
The rooms were large and luxurious, the breakfast a mixture of buffet and cooked to order.

Fantastic place where I hope I can get the opportunity to stay at again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
WellTraveledandDined, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Flying Kiwi,

We just love your membership handle... its fun! Thank you for coming all the way from New Zealand to visit Cape town and join us for your birthday at Atlanticview and for taking the time to
write in and post your review. Thank you for all the lovely things you said. We are so pleased we were able to make your trip and birthday celebrations so special. It was our pleasure.

Best wishes and many happy returns.

Greg, Rainer and The Atlanticview Team