“Great Seafood restaurant”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Good seafood, interesting concept in ordering food.. great ambience. Well located (parking can be a problem in season)
Skippy the owner has been in the restaurant trade for many years so be assured its a proven formula

Date of visit: January 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,676)

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Fantastic place, staff are super friendly as soon as you enter, it was packed out when when walked in but they made sure they found us a table and they were very attentive. The sushi bar was great! I would definitely revisit if I was in South Africa.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

One of the best fish restaurants I've been to! Just choose whatever fish/seafood you want from the counter and let the chefs do their magic with it. I had kingklip and prawns, absolutely delicious. Wound love to comebhere again and try some other kund of fish or their sushi.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We live in South Florida- so we know good seafood! When our guide in Capetown recommended this restaurant for its excellent seafood my husband and I had to go.
There is no menu- your server brings you up to the seafood show case and you pick what you want. Because we don't really understand the metric system, we couldn't order by weight. We just indicated the size of the piece we wanted. We kept adding to our order- I wasn't sure if the waiter was thrilled or alarmed at how much we ordered! Fish, prawns octopus, scallops, more fish!
After it's cooked- simply grilled and seasoned- its brought to your table all together in a hot pan with rice, potatoes and greens.
It was delicious- Everything was perfectly cooked, not easy to do with a big combination like that- and we ate every bit!
My only complaint is that after we ordered our meal at the counter, we decided to check out the sushi on the other side- we just got a few little pieces- but although the server knew we had done that, he didn't hold our dinner, so it came out too quickly. We should have had our sushi, then gone over to the counter- oh well, we'll know the next time we go back!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 9 June 2018

My husband and I enjoyed one of the best meals of our lives at the Codfather! The dining experience is unique as there is no true menu and you are instead taken to a display of fresh seafood and provided with information on the selections. You then tell your waiter your preferences and approve the price before the order is placed. Our waiter really helped us choose the perfect amount of food, recommended the perfect wine to pair with our meal and ensured that we had a great dining experience. Everything was perfectly cooked and the provided sauces really complimented our selections. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: December 2017